Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I do believe they are kit cars for the show. Probably an "all show and no go" version that looks pretty but really can't move like the real thing.

In fact, I'm willing to bet that the cars they have are barely capable of doing 55mph and any scenes of high speed driving is likely done in post using sped up footage or CG.

http://www.blastr.com/2016-9-19/mov...-riders-blistering-hell-charger-agents-shield

The blower and supercharger are non functional which to me is a like a hot girl with a stuffed bra. :lol

Ghostrider working with the Shield team re-united - pretty badass.

Especially the chain catch - very comic book and very cool. The little nod as well when he held it like "hmm, this feels kinda good" haha. Awesome.

Speaking of the Dodge Charger....Whenever Reyes is driving the car we don't really see much of that infamous LA traffic? Yes the streets are closed for stunts and for safety but at same time it's kinda unbelievable that LA streets in the show have moderate traffic...

Speaking of the Dodge Charger....Whenever Reyes is driving the car we don't really see much of that infamous LA traffic? Yes the streets are closed for stunts and for safety but at same time it's kinda unbelievable that LA streets in the show have moderate traffic...

SHIELD always takes side streets to avoid traffic.

Tell me about it. I was saying pretty much the same thing to my wife when we were watching the latest episode. I was asking her, what time of the day was that big car chase supposed to be taking place because there was almost no traffic on the streets. On a normal week day there's no way they could have had a car chase like that without a lot more cars.

It was rather good.

I think all it was missing was maybe a short eye glow, the wheels to flame up as he accelerates and THEN have it hit the Quinjet.

Tell me about it. I was saying pretty much the same thing to my wife when we were watching the latest episode. I was asking her, what time of the day was that big car chase supposed to be taking place because there was almost no traffic on the streets. On a normal week day there's no way they could have had a car chase like that without a lot more cars.
Somehow all the high speed chases in l.a. find the same streets.

Even in the first episode when Ghost Rider first shows up, no traffic, empty streets..This is unheard of in LA...

So why is this besides real-life safety and facilitating stunts?

Even in the first episode when Ghost Rider first shows up, no traffic, empty streets..This is unheard of in LA...

So why is this besides real-life safety and facilitating stunts?

I guess that, in universe, everything is happening during those rare times where there's no traffic like late morning after everybody is at work but before they go on lunch, and late, late at night when everybody is home and in bed. That, and in those few areas that don't see much traffic at any time of any day; there's a few of those around but they are few and far between. I do know that it's definitely not happening on the 60 by where I live, that stupid freeway is busy night and day, 7 days a week; and some idiots thought that it would've been a good idea to put a football stadium out there too saying that it wouldn't have any impact on traffic.

The best L.A. chase scene that actually DOES depict traffic is in one of the best, most subversive action movies ever: To Live and Die in L.A. GOD that is such a good movie.

Somehow all the high speed chases in l.a. find the same streets.

And they end up in the river.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

This. Almost every movie that has a car chase set in L.A. ends up sticking them in the river culvert.

The best L.A. chase scene that actually DOES depict traffic is in one of the best, most subversive action movies ever: To Live and Die in L.A. GOD that is such a good movie.
That movie is such a terrific forgotten classic. I've watched it at least a dozen times (maybe two dozen).
There is so much to love in the film:

The superb opening sequence with the suicide bomber.
The airport foot chase.
The infamous car chase against traffic.
In fact every action sequence is tightly edited and superbly perfomed.
The counterfeiting montage.
The terrific soundtrack.
William Peterson has a great action hero presence. He walks like a cowboy and looks great running. Everything he does is unique from the way he holds his gun to how he kicks open the bathroom door in the airport. I don't think he has ever been better or more engaging to watch.
Also one of Willem Dafoe's best performances if not his best. (That moment where he breaks into the guy's house to get his money back and deftly sips a Coke he probably grabbed from the guy's own fridge is such a simple but brilliant gag. I wonder if that was improvised.)
This is when I first noticed John Turturo who was perfectly slimy from every angle.
This film subverts expectations at every turn - folks get suckered when you don't expect it; the outcome of fistfights isn't necessarily obvious and the whole film is a complete subversion of both the rogue cop and buddy-cop genres.
I think it's the final plot twist that sours the film for a lot of viewers who expected a more traditionally satisfying ending. You're left with nobody with whom the audience can identify. I think it's just a brilliant statement that really drives the point that the film isn't about any one character but about the events and makes the title even more appropriate.

Man, it's been a couple of years since I've watched that movie. I have to see it again. I love that movie!

Last edited:
So they can walk through other people, and presumably though a closed car door, but Robbie can still ride in the car when it sets off?

I never liked that when they did it in TNG, if you can walk through walls, how do you not fall through the floor? How can you use a lift?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back