Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I think it was Garrett and it will probably come up about how Ward was 'weak' then and is weak now in the season finale.

That's my guess too. I think that in the end Ward will redeem himself (partially) but not rejoin SHIELD or even the team, the most likely scenario will be that he'll become a free agent and just do as he pleases and not have to take orders from anyone.

But again, think of all the people he has killed. Even if he was to decide not to rejoin SHIELD, it would be their duty to track him down and put him away.

The problem with this whole redemption thing is that the show thinks that I will look at it as a good thing. I will not. I did not like Ward's character as a good guy, and having him revert back to that state will not make him more likable in my eyes. As stated by many users already, he's already murdered good shield agents and was responsible for the deaths of those who he helped let out of the fridge prison. Yeah, that trucker who got the energy sucked out of him is on Ward's head. For Coulson to give agent May all that crap about spying on him for Fury, there is no freaking way that Coulson would simply let Ward off the hook since his actions put Coulson's Cellist friend in danger.

While I agree that Ward should remain a bad guy, I very much doubt they care that you, specifically, wont like it as long as their vision is brought to life.

While I agree that Ward should remain a bad guy, I very much doubt they care that you, specifically, wont like it as long as their vision is brought to life.

They can do whatever they want. I'm just not going to be a part of it if they make Ward a good guy again.

Ward did not kill the dog and he did not outright ask what Garret commanded him to do. He also did not mean to set the fire to the house with his brother in it. So somewhere in there he has some goodness. Following the Disney theme, there is probably a means to redemption with him. Obviously, they have given his character the ability to turn either direction, I am guessing towards good for his character arc. It's Disneyesque for the television show to do so bu then again there is the Whedon factor...

I like the file transfer line as well.

I thought it was interesting that they had Garrett do the thing with the dog. I've read several books that said SS soldiers were given a puppy to raise and then eventually told to kill it. So I'm guessing they put two and two together (Hydra and Nazis) for that scenario.

I really thought Flower Girl (forgot her name...) was going to try and kill Garrett either when she had him opened up or with that serum. She kept making comments about him not being what she thought and she's made similar comments in other episodes.

Ward did not kill the dog and he did not outright ask what Garret commanded him to do. He also did not mean to set the fire to the house with his brother in it. So somewhere in there he has some goodness..

Tell all of that to the families of the men he killed at the SHIELD facilities. I'm sure they'll be okay that as long as he's a good guy in the end that it was worth their loved ones having their brains exit the front of their skulls.

Luke and the "Force" may have forgiven Vader but don't think the rest of the universe would share that feeling....HISHE covered that thought well with the rest of the Jedi ghosts.

Ah, you missed my Disneyesque note as well Disney's announcement that HISHE is not cannon. Non of that expanded universe stuff. :lol

Sorry, but I have a (*** edit) good feeling about this...

Last edited:
Great that shield has a 2nd season and agent carters been ordered as well
if it was several weeks back I wouldn't of cared about this news but the change of direction in the show as reall turned it around for me and now i can't wait to watch the next episode.

The HISHE universe is always canon. The Death Star destroyed the Enterprise. :thumbsup

I read the Disneyesque thought. Hope not...but it most likely will apply to Agents.
It was a valid thought yet the miscompare was with the Star Wars analogy in that Disney didn't own Star Wars at the time.

Plus, sadly, I don't buy the all is forgiven; everyone will get along ending that was implied at the end of ROTJ.
The rebellion against the Empire may have ended but the scramble to fill the void of control was just beginning.

Ward is toast in my book.

How about the Darth Vader redemption...

Decades of deceit, torture, murder, genocide and countless acts of violence can simply be undone by... another act of violence? And dying was a cheap way to go because now he's off the hook. The idiot's last words were to have Luke tell Leia that there was good in him. Where was that good when he brutally killed her followers on the blockade runner, tortured her for information, made her watch the destruction of her home world, made her stand by hopelessly as he tortured her boyfriend before using him as an experiment that could have been lethal? Yeah. I'm sure she'll be all stars and smiles knowing that there was good in him just as Coulson will gladly let Ward back on the team because he did something good.

Agent May was spying on Coulson? YOU ARE NO LONGER MY FRIEND! NOW GET OUT!
Ward does something good after all the bad things he's done? It's good to have you back!

Okay folks...is it just me wanting to link all this to AIM? This time they mentioned China...where Mandarin is from and Garrett looked a lot like an Extremis. All tied to Ironman 3 which was focused on the rise of AIM. Add in AIM being hidden within Hydra... My gut is saying we will find out either Ward is AIM or the people he killed were AIM not SHIELD. I wouldn't be surprised to see Killian come back from the dead.

http://marvel.com/universe/A.I.M.

Add in AIM being hidden within Hydra... My gut is saying we will find out either Ward is AIM or the people he killed were AIM not SHIELD.
So the Fridge, the one place where SHIELD keeps all their goods and dangerous prisoners, was run entirely by AIM agents? Ok. That still doesn't excuse the deaths caused by the release of the prisoners. You going to say that trucker was an AIM agent to?

Yeah one far far away.... Sorry....

I'm not saying I want Ward to turn good. I like him as a bad guy...but they are throwing lots of redemption cues at us. I'm still stuck on the fact he shot the civilian cops in the arm and leg instead of killing them.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back