Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

It was a pretty strong emotional response that Skye had, I don't think the writers can stray from that.

I absolutely agree. And I think that scene was perhaps the best performance for Chloe Bennet in the series thus far.

I've not been a fan of the whole flirtation the writers have had with a potential romance between Sky and Ward. He just seems like too much of a tool to me, even in the beginning.

As for all the theories that Ward is a triple agent, I will be pissed if that's what's happening. It would be taking the "ends justify the means" mentality too far. Even if he IS still with SHIELD and it was all a ruse for him to infiltrate HYDRA, there's no way I can see Skye forgiving him for the damage he's done. It's one thing to kill in the line of duty while protecting yourself/your team, but there's a fine line and Ward would have crossed that many times over to get to the point where he killed Eric. He's irredeemable.

If they do try going this route, then even if Ward remains part of the team, there's no way in hell Skye would be with him. I agree that the only way for him to make amends would be to sacrifice himself for the team. And I don't mean a cliché like dying to protect Skye. I mean something like taking a bullet for Fitz. Something that proves he did it because it was the right and only thing to do. But that's just my thinking on the matter...

I truly hope he's really with HYDRA and the show runners use this as motivation for Skye to take the organization down. "Hell hath no *ahem- Nick* fury like a woman scorned." ;)

I'm beginning to get the feeling that Ward was intentionally a stereotypical and cliche character, including the romance with Skye, in an attempt to make it more surprising when he was revealed to be evil. I'm really hoping Sky shoots him in the face, and not with a tranquilizer.

I'm beginning to get the feeling that Ward was intentionally a stereotypical and cliche character, including the romance with Skye, in an attempt to make it more surprising when he was revealed to be evil. I'm really hoping Sky shoots him in the face, and not with a tranquilizer.

Or busts a Michelle Rodriguez a la Fast & Furious 6 and harpoons his ass out an open side door on the plane. :devil

Should even use the "Wrong team, b**ch!" line!

How anyone think Ward is a triple agent must be... :lol

The guy is KILLING Shield agents left and right, without even flinching. If he even THINKS about coming back, i hope someone puts 2 in him. One in the head and one in the chest for good measures.

Honestly the writers are putting it so much in our face that YES he is BAD.

Honestly the writers are putting it so much in our face that YES he is BAD.

I don't disagree with you.

However, I would like to point out that this is a Mutant Enemy production. They are known for showing you one thing as very bold, brash, and in your face just to distract you from something else going on in the background.

I don't disagree with you.

However, I would like to point out that this is a Mutant Enemy production. They are known for showing you one thing as very bold, brash, and in your face just to distract you from something else going on in the background.

That's fine but they can't later say 'oh he actually is a triple agent'. Doens't work like that and it would be an insult to the viewers.

Or busts a Michelle Rodriguez a la Fast & Furious 6 and harpoons his ass out an open side door on the plane. :devil

Should even use the "Wrong team, b**ch!" line!

That would be great if she could fly the plane. BTW, we know someone can take control of the Bus, but can it land itself?

That's fine but they can't later say 'oh he actually is a triple agent'. Doens't work like that and it would be an insult to the viewers.

Oh I'm not disagreeing with you.

I think that there's definitely something going on in the background that we're not seeing, but I seriously doubt that it's "Ward is a triple agent."

Clark Gregg chewed up some scenery this week. I think he's having a blast doing this show, and getting to run with this character.

It was a good episode tonight. Especially loved when Skye suckerpunched Ward with the head-butt (....er, would that be a "suckerbutt"?). I could not help but smile for a good few minutes after seeing that happen.

It looks like the show has finally found it's footing. This being how they're choosing to close out the first season, it makes me excited to see what they'd bring to the table for season two! :)

After seeing this episode, all I can say is this:

tim-and-eric-mind-explosion-gif--41769.gif

It seems most people working for the Clairvoyant were forced to do so. I'm not saying Ward isn't bad, but maybe we will have some sympathy for him when we find out more of his backstory.

I could see him sacrificing himself to save Skye at some point.

It seems they're going to elaborate on Ward's backstory - the function of which is, not only to explain his motives, but to generate sympathy. He's going to have some sort of redemption, that's for sure. I really hope they don't go the predictable route where Ward turns on his master to save Skye. They've built this tremendous character arc for Skye where she develops independence and initiative. It's just like Joss to subvert the typical romantic arc and have Skye emerge as the stronger person in the end. And nobody does it better than Joss.

Keep in mind that, while this show was being written, The Winter Soldier was already in production. That tells me that, everything up until now, has been filler with some minor character development. It's a difficult task to coordinate the show with the movie. That's why AoS couldn't be this lean before.

Huh.

It will be interesting to see if Ward's back story is going to be an opening to him coming back to the good guys. If nothing else it seems like a sign that they are not going to kill him off any time soon. Garret too probably.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back