Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

However, Adrian Pasdar's crappy moustachioed, twenty second performance as Glenn Talbot held more depth and character development than the entirety of Josh Lucas' performance of the same character in Ang Lee's Hulk.

Last edited:
Watched the episode last night. Either Ward is bad or they are going to have a lot of explaining to do.

Sent from my Etch A Sketch.

Yeah, there are waaaaayyy to many SHIELD agents down to just say, "My bad. I was undercover, so sorry.". I hope he stays HYDRA and meets a sticky end. To have him come back after that would be a "flip the table" moment for me.

Gleefully shooting agents in the face and then cracking jokes seemed to put the nail in the "undercover" coffin for sure.

Still, Ward's love for Skye could redeem him in TV land. He will confess all to Couslon, and then end up saving the entire team, something like that.

I hope not though. I like him better as a bad guy.

You'd be amazed how many real soldiers sport that same moustache and haircut, completly unaware of just how douchy they look.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

25 years in the AF and the only time I've seen a mustache that far out of regs was during Mustache March. I think Col Talbot may have won the contest.... Lol
I'm still enjoying the show. Keep going Marvel/Disney!

^ a lot of cops and firemen, too.. ;)

YMCA! It's fun to stay at the YMCA.

Maybe that mustache is part of the centipede project?

Noeland said:
Still, Ward's love for Skye could redeem him in TV land. He will confess all to Couslon, and then end up saving the entire team, something like that.

I hope not though. I like him better as a bad guy.

Ward: So I shot about ten people. I love Skye.
Coulson: Ok sounds good, welcome back!
:lol

Yeah I hope they keep him bad.

Seems like his story arc's are limited.

He either becomes the head bad guy, gets killed, or somehow returns to the good.

After what he's done so far, can't see letting him back being an option. It'd take something massive to accomplish and he'd have to have never-ending grief over it which likely wouldn't work to well with the audience. The option about head bad guy - at least as far as the show - is because I just can't see that massive of a change for him and staying second fiddle the whole time. If he stays second fiddle, i see him getting killed/sacrificed by hydra and at the end realizing he blew it, but now it's too late.

Ward's turning evil and possible redemption echos Angel's transformation in Buffy, I believe that Coulson will at some point, be forced into choosing between Ward and May, and that he will end up realising that May is in fact fighting for good.

Could all be a trap. Coulson talking to Ward, the shot faked and Ward giving up extreme secret to gain the trust of his former training officer so the good guys can get deep into Hydra like Hydra did with Shield. Time will tell.

Could all be a trap. Coulson talking to Ward, the shot faked and Ward giving up extreme secret to gain the trust of his former training officer so the good guys can get deep into Hydra like Hydra did with Shield. Time will tell.

For me, the only part that wouldn't make sense is only Ward knew about the gravitonium. Garrett and the HYDRA team knew nothing about the underground bunker. Ward could have easily gained confidence without handing something so dangerous over.

Also, I still think the talk with Coulson and Ward was Coulson getting him up to speed as to why they were dragging Garrett off in handcuffs and him reacting to it. Plus Skye was watching the conversation from close range the entire time.

I think this arc is moving in the right direction. It really did seem to help move the story along (as long as you saw WS). My problem is now that they have tied so heavily into WS story arc now what. Are they going back to the freak of the week format (as said by Garrett "that should keep Coulson Busy for a while"? I mean if this show has to have a direct movie tie in every time it starts to lose interest they are going to be in trouble, or start pumping out movies quicker.

Ward's killing a lot of people to maintain the illusion that he's HYDRA if it's a false flag. Hand and the agents on that plane might have been set up, but I'm not buying it. The dead agents at the fridge couldn't have been set up in advance because there's no guarantee that it'd be Ward shooting all of them with his heretofore unrevealed fake blood inducing non-lethal gun. I don't buy that Coulson would sign off on risking the lives of agents like that just to get Ward in deep.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back