Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Part of me just hopes they don't explain it. The TV show/movies just have Coulson.... no explanation necessary, it's SHIELD.

I do understand it would it would drive fanboys batty and it 'would ruin' the Avengers, etc. for some. :facepalm

Simplest explanation is almost often true - Coulson's inclusion means the show will take place prior to Avengers. When you think about how much SHIELD had going on with their Phase 2 weapons program and tracking all the different Avenger recruits, there's plenty of story to tell in between Thor and Avengers. Clark Gregg is also too much a fan favorite (and a TV veteran to boot) that they'd try to force a show without a recognizable face.

Having a SHIELD show after Avengers and not showing Steve Rogers, BW, and Hawkeye at all is too much of a stretch. Not showing Nick Fury already makes this a tough pill to swallow, unless SLJ wants to amend his contract; he takes on any role these days, maybe he'll consider cameos on TV? If the show picks up enough steam and supporting roles in the show start to gain traction, I'm quite sure they will expand the timeline to spill into the MCU Phase 2.

One can only hope. Even with Whedon involved, this smells to me like it could vary from watchable to complete trash. The MCU films already establish the upper echelon, it's going to be near-impossible for a TV show to impress us at that level unless ABC-Disney decides to throw the bank at this.

I didn't have much interest in the show when it was just going to be a bunch of characters I'd never heard of. Phil being in just sold me on the show.

With the rumors that this could be the last season of How I Met Your Mother, maybe we'll also see Cobie land a role. Robin Sparkles kicked butt in the Avengers. :)

With the rumors that this could be the last season of How I Met Your Mother, maybe we'll also see Cobie land a role. Robin Sparkles kicked butt in the Avengers. :)
tumblr_m3rhtagZvN1ql2etjo1_400.jpg

Does this mean that S.H.I.E.L.D. will be a prequel to Avengers?

I certainly hope not. I've had it up to here with these "building up to the awesome film that's already available" prequel series like the Clone Wars. If they continue where the Avengers left off, than it would make sense why this SHIELD team wasn't seen in any of the movies even during the Avengers. Plus not taking place before the movies already out gives the series a chance to be unpredictable.

Agreed. Since the Avengers are already going their own way, it makes sense why they wouldn't be featured.

um thats certainly nothing that has to do with the tv series. i mean, thats a real life power suit that the military makes, and its publicly known. probably some sort of charity event or the likes, where he happens to be

Yeah, probably a publicity stunt. "Hey let's get that guy from all those superhero movies to put on our suit! People will eat it up"

It's not an Avengers TV show, It's a show based on Agents of SHIELD like Coulson, Hill, Sitwell (If you've ever seen Marvel One-Shots) and Director Fury, not the Avengers.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back