Starting my first Pepakura build. Ironman Mark III ~ Now Mark VI

neoakaj

I know the Mark III is outdated but I still like it the best

Here is what I have so far

IMAG0692.jpg

I also have the left hand/palm done, a few fingers, the lower part of the left arm, and the left foot. I dont have any pics of those yet but I will get some today.

Last edited:
Re: Starting my first Pepakura build. Ironman Mark III

I'm confused.
It looks like you built paper from foam templates?

I'm sure its paper files. I'll get the designer's name when I get home

pepakura files or *.pdo, is for paperkraft (originally). Later on when people start using foam, they simplify the files to more suitable for foam building.
Still *.pdo, but you'll see the difference.
Paper template is more complicated and with tabs. For foam templates, normally the tabs is removed.
Because your faceplate edge is clean (no tabs), I thought that you use wrong template. I could be wrong

It's a very complex design, this was just the easy parts. The clean edge has a small lip that is not in the picture. I'll get some more pictures of the rest of the stuff when I get home. Thanks

The head's 3d model was by sharkhead7854 and unfolded by Dubean33

I'm actually in the process of building a steel suit right now I'm fairly far along I know the patterns can be a bit confusing but stick with it. I found it easier to start with thin cardboard fine tune the patterns and go from there some of them I had to completely come up with on my own. Right now I'm trying to decide how everything will be connected in the end. My suit is a mix all on my own it's part war machine mark vi and mark vii. I'm very new to this site trying to figure out how to navigate through it. If I can help let me know.

Still working on the armor, i am working with foam for a few parts. More updates tomorrow and hopefully some pics

I'm actually in the process of building a steel suit right now I'm fairly far along I know the patterns can be a bit confusing but stick with it. I found it easier to start with thin cardboard fine tune the patterns and go from there some of them I had to completely come up with on my own. Right now I'm trying to decide how everything will be connected in the end. My suit is a mix all on my own it's part war machine mark vi and mark vii. I'm very new to this site trying to figure out how to navigate through it. If I can help let me know.

I hope to see what you come up with. And thanks for your generosity for help

Well I am back on it today. Will have my chest plate done today.

I found my issue I was having with my paper, I guess I was using 65lb card stock and it wasn't being very nice... Now im working with the 110lb and everything is going smooth

Well I got the fiber glass and resin on the chest, and started the resin on the collar plates and one foot. Only doing 1 foot as I am not sure if I will keep the design that I am using.

Pics later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Also I have a helmet coming from TJack, that way I for sure have the helm done but I still would like to make my own. This just lets me focus more on the rest of the armor. Trying to get done by Halloween!

IMAG0730.jpg

IMAG0729.jpg

Got the chest into resin and fiberglass as well. I ran out of the resin on the back half way though on the outside, will finish it up later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Looks good, keep the updates and pics coming! I'm doing my first pep build as well, the Hylian shield from the Zelda games. I'd like to do the Iron Man armor in the future.

Started laying down the bondo on the chest, I put it down a bit think but its working good. The rest of the armor should go better with thinner coats

WONDERFUL!!!!!

I just applied resin to some of the parts and BOOM it started to rain on everything. We got everything covered and I am sure its all fine..... but still :angry

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back