Starwars: the machete list

astroboy

Master Member
I read it a while back and I gotta say, This seems like the best order in which to watch the flicks:

1. Star wars
2. Empire strikes back
3. attack of the clones
4. revenge of the sith
5. return of the jedi

The key is to think of the prequels as flashbacks that fill in the story after we find out that vader is lukes father

Also...forget the phantom menace

I agree! If we have to deal with the prequels then this is the way to watch them all together.

I watched the movies in this order a couple months ago, and it actually made A LOT of sense thematically - plus it made Jedi into quite the climax! Watching them all back to back like this was a really satisfying experience.

""I don't like sand. It's coarse and irritating and it gets everywhere".....yeah the attack of the clones" are much better than "This is podraceing" "jippy"

I could swear this was a thread about this but I can't find it!

There was. With a link to someone's thesis as to why this was the right way. :lol

I'm an OT guy so this order doesn't mean much to me. When I introduce someone to Star Wars we watch the original three and then I tell them that they can watch the prequels at their own leisure if they would like more. Most trust me that having just watched the three is the most satisfying experience though.

There's a lot of hate for TPM but personally I liked it a lot more than AOTC, I almost fell asleep during that one and it's the only one my 5 year old doesn't like.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back