TDKR Catwoman build/costume study ( pic heavy )

aelynn000,

Being that we're in the same city, if the opportunity ever presents itself you're welcome to try ours on for size. :thumbsup

c2c2ade1.jpg

Will you be at Star Wars Celebration later this month?
I may be bringing Catwoman and setting her up in the booth too...not sure yet.
:)

David

David, I'll be at Fan Expo at LEAST on Sunday ( hopefully for the most part of Saturday too but that's yet to be seen ). I'd LOVE to stop by and check it out!

Following some leads on some textured PUL's... will report back in if I find something useful ( ie. a seller that doesn't have a 500m minimum... ).

I had an idea for fabric texture, but I'll have to test it out - but anyone else can feel free to try it before i get chance

Matte black PU with the ridge imprint on the back made in puff paint

then, thin cotton sprayed with adhesive - using a vacum cleaner to suck the PU up onto the adhesive cotton, thereby giving the texture without the 'bridging' thats being formed on the materials so far?

What do you think?

David, I'll be at Fan Expo at LEAST on Sunday ( hopefully for the most part of Saturday too but that's yet to be seen ). I'd LOVE to stop by and check it out!

Following some leads on some textured PUL's... will report back in if I find something useful ( ie. a seller that doesn't have a 500m minimum... ).

No Fan Expo for UD Replicas this year...sadly. We've been a permanent exhibitor there for the last 8 years, but Star Wars Celebration in Florida is the same exact date as the Fan Expo this year and we've chosen to do Star Wars Celebration instead...sadly 'nay' to the Toronto show, but 'Yay' to Florida and STAR WARS!

...and I'm considering bringing this Catwoman to SW Celeb also. What, she could be a Jedi?

:cool

David

No Fan Expo for UD Replicas this year...sadly. We've been a permanent exhibitor there for the last 8 years, but Star Wars Celebration in Florida is the same exact date as the Fan Expo this year and we've chosen to do Star Wars Celebration instead...sadly 'nay' to the Toronto show, but 'Yay' to Florida and STAR WARS!

...and I'm considering bringing this Catwoman to SW Celeb also. What, she could be a Jedi?

David

Are you also going to be carrying other suits along too?

David

This may sound like a silly question, but would you ever look into doing a male version of the Catwoman jacket? ...sounds weird when I read it - but I mean, a jacket designed for guys with the same texture etc - because I want a jacket with that texture...but something tells me the current jacket in the works won't be too good for me, haha

Didn't get a lot done this weekend, but I did start playing around with what the pattern would look like, assuming we figure out how to do it. Here's what I came up with. What do you think of the scale? This is a 4 inch image.

How in the world do those leggings work with only one seam on the inside??? Anyone have an idea for a pattern? I can't even imagine how to make those fit.

Its possible, but you need to take very precise measurements of the whole leg!
The pattern I drafted, the let portion is made of one piece of cut fabric.

How in the world do those leggings work with only one seam on the inside??? Anyone have an idea for a pattern? I can't even imagine how to make those fit.

With it actually being 2 pieces, the suit, there is either a separation or a seam under the belt. From that seam at the waist, the bum actually has a seam down the center for better fitting. :)

fc323676_anne-hathaway-catwoman-1.png

Solely for reference purposes... >_>

The pattern would basically look like a pair of pants laid out...the top line your waist measurement, it would flare out on the sides at the top and the legs would look like legs ( double width since they're folded over ). They'd definitely need some measuring and tailoring for the perfect fit but most importantly, to make them a success? Stretchy fabric. All will work out!

A look-a-like fabric could be manufactured through dye sublimation.

Start with a wet-look poly lycra, dye sub the pill shape over top complete with trompe l'oeil shading and you should get something fairly close...and probably a hell of a lot more breathable.

Just an idea. Could be a solution for the time being, if the PU leads don't go anywhere.

-Nick

Oh I see. Well, a no-front seam pant I can do. Actually lost a bit of sleep over this problem. I looked at one of the reference pics (great collection btw, excellent work) where you see her from behind and turned to the side and it almost looks like the pattern is converging along her upper thighs towards her hips. Wondering if they snuck another seam in there and just photoshopped out the center back seam. Also the stunt suit is slightly different (motorcycle padding etc) but if that's the guideline I'll take it. May need to see the movie again to study catwoman's bum for...er...reference. Like I would swear my hubby keeps looking at clips just to hear the noise of the batpod making a turn. Sad.
Thanks for the help! Crisis averted!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back