THOR Movie Costumes

Captainjaze

I was inspired by the movie THOR and this build took about a month to complete. So i went the cheap approach and bought the disguise THOR movie costume for $60, $12 for the disguise Hammer and made the Gauntlets out of 10 mm foam and topped it of with 3mm foam, fully painted. Detailed the arms with black fabric paint as well as added muscle padding for the overall look.

I used my NEW ROCK Boots as well as NEW ROCK leggings for the boots which isn't movie accurate I know but still worked out fine.
Grew my hair out and colored. Beard grown out and colored so it almost looks like i dont have one lol.:cool

The Hammer has been completely re-detailed and chromed!

All for a really great price! Pleas keep in mind this is the THOR version and NOT the AVENGERS version which will come this Fall.

Last edited:
Re: THOR Movie costume (THOR)

Looks awesome dude. Glad you took the plunge and showed some pics. THe costume looks better than I thought. Great modifications too :)

Looks awesome dude. Glad you took the plunge and showed some pics. THe costume looks better than I thought. Great modifications too :)

Thanks Man!!! I was hesitant to post because I wasn't sure if this was share worthy or not? But as long as everyone can enjoy it for what it is!!:) Thank you so much for the Compliment!! I really appreciate it!

Very nice mate! With the hair and beard you very much look the part :D. Do you have any before and after pics of the mods you did?

So did you add this cape? was it wasy to fit?

Im surprised how good this looks for the money.
Really pleased you shared the pics. :)

So did you add this cape? was it wasy to fit?

Im surprised how good this looks for the money.
Really pleased you shared the pics. :)

Yes, The Cape was added. Added 20 mm foam to the frame of the cape as it sat on my shoulders. It was easier than I expected and I was DREADING IT!! lol I don't know why but it didnt turn out too bad.

Yeah not too bad for the price at all!!
I can share more if requested!;)

For what you had to work with and the time, you really pulled that off amazingly well! You really do look the part. :)

I'm so glad you posted too, it gives me hope that maybe I can throw a decent Thor together for my husband that won't take me a year and $500+ to do. haha!

The picture in front of the "Iron Man" suit display is damn good. You have the most important parts of the costume totally nailed, meaning, the hair and the beard! You pull the look off well.

Thank You Gentlemen!!!

Aww you cut me out of the picture. I was the Tony Stark in 4th picture.

Nah your in there!!!;) Drink & ALL!!! No One misses Tony Stark!

And Now One for FUN! lol: OUTNUMBERED....

Last edited:

Considering you used a store bought costume as a base, that's pretty good work. Thumbs up!

You look awesome, Jaze! :cool

Too bad I didn't run into you when I was wearing my Heimdall Saturday. There's always next year, though.
Thom

Thanks! you didn't have to do that. Great seeing you in person. Best Thor Ive seen!

Thank you, Good Sir!! As well as seeing the great Tony Stark in person!!!

Considering you used a store bought costume as a base, that's pretty good work. Thumbs up!

Thank You very much!:)

You look awesome, Jaze! :cool

Too bad I didn't run into you when I was wearing my Heimdall Saturday. There's always next year, though.
Thom

I saw some pics of you and man was i mad i didnt get a pic with ya!! Next year i will return as THOR!!;)

Looks very amazing :thumbsup :)

Thank You!!:)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back