ALIENS Pulse Rifle build - a work in progress

ob1al

Sr Member
I've done a little bit of work today by dissembling my airsoft Thompson and stripping all the non-relevant parts (aside from the barrel, still need to remove that) whilst trying to keep it fully functional. It still works perfectly, so that's a good start.

I've also reinforced this set of Matsuo vac formed shrouds from the inside and given the shrouds a couple of coats of primer then silver auto paint as an undercoat. The shrouds still need fitted properly but I can't do that until I have all my metal and spas parts, which should be on their way soon.

I've also added my LED counter (static at 95 at the moment, but I might be upgrading that to a countdown sequence if I can figure out how to make that and hook it up to the trigger mechanism).

I know pulse rifles are a sixteen to the dozen, but I'm fairly happy with how it's looking so far. Lot's of work ahead but I wanted to share a work-in-progress pic:

IMG_2171.jpg

I'l post more pics as I move along, please let me know what you think so far? I'm going to remove the existing barrel and cut it down, then add a steel barrel and join it up. I think that's the plan at this stage.

Like this: Rook's Tutorial Page: Metal Barrel Vent

The grip is being replaced by a Matsuo airsoft grip. Not sure it'll fit without mods though as my existing seems to be secured by 4 screws (as pictured) rather than a bottom screw. If anyone can enlighten me about that I would appreciate it.

The rest of the parts will be an HGC SPAS grenade launcher, metal retractable stock, metal barrel vent and various metal greeblies, IIRC.

I'm planning to put the air-soft battery in the stock (only place it can go really?).

The other part I'm unsure about is the 'cup' part for the backend of the shroud. On the set I have it's smooth and has no ridge at the back, whereas there should be a ridged area at the rear and the back of the Thompson should be covered -I think? I'll either have to scratch build that part or buy a part to fit.

Al

Very cool. I'm building up my own Spatcave rifle right now and enjoying it a lot. It's a sweet gun.

I know pulse rifles are a sixteen to the dozen,

I'm planning to put the air-soft battery in the stock (only place it can go really?).
Al

Inflation? Thought it was dime a dozen.

For your battery, not ideal, but you can put it in an ammo pouch and run a wire inside your sleeve if it cannot fit in the rifle.

And there are never enough M41As, I am at just 2/3rds collecting the parts for the nerf version. :thumbsup

Oh yeah , they might be a dime a dozen,alright ,however , I never get tired of seeing these get Built......Great job ...Ob1al....
Keep me updated ,love it.....Guy

I actually abandoned this build and sold the parts off, I'm ashamed to report.

I bought a snow wolf pulse rifle instead.

I went this route rather than continue with my build as I wanted a working ammo counter and full airsoft functionality.

Anyway, here are a couple of pics. All I've done so far is paint and weather the stock V brackets to cover up 'made in china' and install a strap:

IMG_2258.jpg

IMG_2260.jpg

Al

Hey Al.....I just stumbled across the Snow Wolf PR at an online store and was thinking about picking one up. How would you rate build quality?

Very solid bit of kit Kev. Well made, pretty reliable if you use it for target practice, looks good on display too.

I enjoy mine and would recommend it.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back