Dredd 2012 Lawgiver

nogga_nootch

Ok, so basically ive spent the last few days cadding up some potential builds for the film, helmet, badge, lawgiver (sadly none of which can really be started till i find a new job), the trouble is i've found it nearly impossible to get a detailed shot of the gun, they're either too dark or not hi-res, so i was hoping that maybe someone out there might have some clear pics, that in my infinite blindness i've failed to find/spot and screen grab from the trailer.

The other problem is, although ive taken it as far as it can go on the left profile, i have no idea if its mirrored on the right. i have a feeling though that there is an ejection port somewhere mid side, as the trailer shots of alvarez firing show cartrides being ejected practically horizontally
anyhow, enough drivel heres what i have so far as well in case you're interested.

Lawgivertemplate01.jpg

had to get some detailed pics of the gen4 glock 17 and the dimensions to draw that up first as the base (have all angles, sides, front, top bottom etc) drawn at 1:1 scale.

ultimately i could just wait till the film is out and get some better references, but i seem to have a lot of free time to fill being out of work
enjoy

naw man, that's just the Glock 66 ;):thumbsup

For simplicities sake I would just mirror the other side and add an ejection port in alignment with the Glock 17.
Is this a 3D model or just an orthographic side view? There's some pretty decent models on Google Warehouse and I've been seriously considering modeling this puppy and printing a clam-shell. OR modeling it for all flat surfaces and having the pieces laser cut, that might be more cost effective. It's certainly blocky enough for that.
View attachment 104353
*this isn't a Gen4 I know.*
I'd love to help with this project. :)

Last edited:
Wow, They didn't work very hard to keep the base gun disguised.

my thoughts on this are that most of the time when its on screen the grip will be covered by the actors hand, so it was more cost effective on a low budget film to just leave it stock. or epilepticsquirl could be right and glock are producing the lawgiver for the justice department in the future:lol

cheers noland, beleive it or not that was one of the main pictures i used to get details

any hoo, heres what i came up with for the ejection port

Lawgivertemplate02.jpg

currently this is all just in ortho, having to draw this on the wifes laptop which isn't the best (mine died recently after an argument between my fist and the keyboard) so once i get a new job, hope full i can get a new laptop and model this in 3D, the plan is to build it in flat surface sections, using styrene, and possibly some metal, i've broken it up into key components to make it into a multi part shell. then (if i learn how) these parts could be molded as kit similar to the SD Studios lawgiver 2 kit to fit any airsoft g4 glock 17

heres how i figured the break up would go. once i have it in 3d it will be easier to figure out a mounting system for each part.

Lawgivertemplate03.jpg

also at the moment i'm not sure if the whole top slide moves back or just the ribbed section that sits behind the ammo screen (similar to a .22 pistol slide)

like so

Lawgivertemplate04.jpg

Last edited:
With your permission may I use your sketch to render a 3D model? It seems you've nailed the gun pretty well and I'd love to tackle this if you'd let me. In any case you're on the track and looking forward to more updates. :thumbsup

go for it, for size accuracy, the length of the whole top section (barrel shroud and slide) is 226.3mm, would love to see the finished model.

Awesome stuff guys, I'm gonna want one for airsoft larp is someone makes a kit...

Chris

Now there's a good idea, air soft is big, my nephew has done a few mods on them for greater pressure and accuracy, I'm curious to see where this goes...
BTW-nice layouts!

Now there's a good idea, air soft is big, my nephew has done a few mods on them for greater pressure and accuracy, I'm curious to see where this goes...
BTW-nice layouts!

Thats sort of the plan, if i can get a prototype up and running, it will be parted out like the drawing further up in sections, much like the SD studios kit, i plan to build it round gas blow back airsoft pistol.

would also love to do the lit screen and front mag but i think walking before running is the best way to go

after studying the trailer a bit more and freezeframing where i can it appears that the entire right side of the gun is different to the left, 90% of the details do not appear to be mirrored, even down to the size and shape of the slide on the right side. so i'm putting my build on hold untill after i've seen the film, and hopefully there'll be an art book or at least some good pics of it out around then, luckily its only 1.5 months away.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back