AVENGERS Black Widow Costume help!

MadHatter250

hey everyone! so i'm fairly new to the costume making and i'm having trouble on making my friend's Black Widow costume. if you guys could help me out, that'd be great.

my first issue is that i have no idea where to find the materials for her costume. i've seen some people use wet suits and the like, but i really want to go realistic. i realize this may cost more, but i think it will look awesome at the same time.

my second issue is the belt buckle. does anyone have a suggestion on how to make the belt buckle, or even of a place that would sell replicas of it?

ahhh, haha, sorry. i did contemplate yours (which is very good, i might add!) but OP wanted Avengers specific. so i just did avengers. though yours did end up pretty well on the avengers side of things lol.

Depends where you live. I have easy access to textiles and fabric wholesalers where I am - places that are not Joann's or Fabricland, and being a fashion student, I know my way around and where to look. You have to find out what's around your neighbourhood or in the nearest city. If you're near anywhere with an art school that has a fashion program, you can most likely ask someone where the best places to buy fabrics are. Prices will depends on where you shop and where you live.

ok. thanks guys for all the help!

charades, i'm in the West Palm Beach area. do you know of anything around here?

Not entirely familiar with Florida geography, but there are Art Institutes in Tampa, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, and Jacksonville that have fashion programs. You can likely walk in, wander til you find the fashion department, and see if there are any bills posted around for fabric stores and sales. (They do it all the time at my school)

If you're the type inclined to chat up strangers, ask some students hanging around if they can tell you where you can find good fabric stores.

Re: belt buckle - my bf is doing a male BW costume. He bought one of these (just a simple military utility belt), dyed it black, and used hot glue to make the raised design on the buckle, then painted it red with acrylic. By no means entirely accurate, but he's on a shoestring budget:
A-HOLS006-L_0610_e1c.jpg

hey everyone! so i'm fairly new to the costume making and i'm having trouble on making my friend's Black Widow costume. if you guys could help me out, that'd be great.

my first issue is that i have no idea where to find the materials for her costume. i've seen some people use wet suits and the like, but i really want to go realistic. i realize this may cost more, but i think it will look awesome at the same time.

my second issue is the belt buckle. does anyone have a suggestion on how to make the belt buckle, or even of a place that would sell replicas of it?

Hi there, I am currently acquiring the materials etc to make a jump suit for my daughter. The material that I have found that is closest is French Navy Cordura, link here

Its not a bad price too, you might also look to get the Navy Grosgain ribbon used on the seams which can be found on Ebay link here

Hope this helps

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back