1/25 "Eleanor" from "gone in 60 seconds"

Really nice Kevin, I would love to scratchbuild a 1/6th scale one.

I'd love to do several different cars in 1/6th but I have been put off by the job of sculpting the outer body. I'm way too picky about the proportions being correct.

Thanks guys

I have managed to do some work on Eleanor. The chrome trim was done with BareMetalFoil and the glasses have been installed. Now it´s just some minor work to finish the body. I only need to add the rear view mirrors and door handles. After that it´s just the interior that needs to be completed.

3632646564643832.jpg

3962366362356265.jpg

6131393738373734.jpg

Thanks for looking and best regards,
Kevin

Hello there

Sorry, I have no update for this build yet. But I have great news for those who are interested in an Eleanor transkit. There will be a reissue of this great kit before christmas. It includes everything that is shown in the first pic of this WIP. Body, wheels with aluminium rings and rubber tires, engine and interior parts, decals and photo-etched parts for grilles, disc brakes, body emblems and some other goodies. The last issue was around 70 Euros and is worth every penny. Unwarped body, no bubble holes, great fit. It really is top notch, it took me less than 10 minutes to prepare the body for the paintjob.

This release will be roughly 50 units and they should be sold out pretty quickly. So everyone who is interested should not wait to set a pre-order. I've put up a link to the onlineshop in one of my previous posts.

Best regards,
Kevin

Nice, Very nice. I wish I had known about that resin transkit before I built my own version. I kitbashed the VetteAgain kit for its side pipes,wheels and tires. I raided my spare parts box for the air cleaner, gas fuel door. Built up the hood using contour putty and painted it very dark charcoal gray using the kits white stripe decals...I plan to build another one, one of these days. I wish that transkit was still available and at a reasonable price.

Thanks guys

@Badgat:
There will be a new release of the transkit this year. The resin caster is a fellow modeler an he has planned to release it before christmas.

Thanks for the info, Stuntman Mike. Your replica looks awesome. I tried to download a picture of my kitbashed kit, but I am not computer savy. Approximately what is the cost of the transkit in american dollars. I would prefer to keep cost down to a minimum. As I said before, I like to kit bash and I got the sidepipes from Revell's Vette Again and I can use the rims and tires from an old Monogram GT 40 kit. All I really need is the front cap and the hood. Is there a company that makes just these parts.

The transkit will be approximately US$90. That's not really cheap, but it's definately worth the money. The quality is top notch, it includes a lot of parts and you don't need to buy any other aftermarket stuff.

I received mine today, a wonderful transkit it is too, as Mike says casting is perfect out of the box. Not sure if its out of production again though, I caught a preorder on 4th Jan.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back