GOLD PLATING PLASTIC anyone ever use Plasti-Dip

Moviefreak

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Here is my question:

Anyone use Plasti Dip Gold spray and Metalizer spray?

I see they have it in gold and silver. I was just curious if the gold would work on an Indy Fertility Idol?

I can't afford one of OZ's beauties so I thought I could Metalize a cheap one and also another resin statue I have.

I searched online but they only show car stuff like wheels and most people only dusted the color on. I was wondering if anyone went thick with it and if it looked like solid gold?

I know the new Metalizer spray is supposed to give it the high gloss look.

Last edited:
Thanks... I have previously looked at those and read them all and they just are not what I am looking for :( I also have tried most gold spray on the market with unsatisfied results.

I was just curious is anyone knew of Plasti-Dip and if it gave a nice hard shell gold coating.

Email them or call them. If everyone does it eventually the might say , hey we need gold! or they might have it already.

Email them or call them. If everyone does it eventually the might say , hey we need gold! or they might have it already.

They have a gold crazer that creates a marble effect.
I can email them but I do not want to wait a year for them to develop something, lol.

They have a gold candy that is sprayed over there chrome to get the gold effect. Works perfect.
But you should know if this is going to get any kind of use it will be very fragile as any painted chrome is.

They have a gold candy that is sprayed over there chrome to get the gold effect. Works perfect.
But you should know if this is going to get any kind of use it will be very fragile as any painted chrome is.

Have you used the paint to
Get a gold look? Just curious if you could post images.
I wanted to plate an idol and a statue so they won't be handled much, just displayed.

I was also thinking of Spectra Chrome gold. I believe I found a local company
On the Internet. Maybe I could run the stuff there for a quote.

I have over the years done a few jobs with Alsa chrome and there candies. No pics though as it was all for my real job (Autobody tech) and it was just on various cars or bikes we were painting at the time. It looked just like all there pics in the gallery seciton on there site. You have to use exactly what they have layed out to make it work proper so coating a few small pieces most likely wont make this cost effective.
ALSA I VIDEO AND GALLERY

Have you used the paint to
Get a gold look? Just curious if you could post images.
I wanted to plate an idol and a statue so they won't be handled much, just displayed.

I have over the years done a few jobs with Alsa chrome and there candies. No pics though as it was all for my real job (Autobody tech) and it was just on various cars or bikes we were painting at the time. It looked just like all there pics in the gallery seciton on there site. You have to use exactly what they have layed out to make it work proper so coating a few small pieces most likely wont make this cost effective.
ALSA I VIDEO AND GALLERY

True, I do only have a few minor pieces :(

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back