Resident Evil: Apocalypse Umbrella Corp Centurion Guard

Flecktarn92

So this will mark my first fully assembled costume. I'm still in the assembling stage but thanks to some screen caps and internet resources I've identified all, save one, components of the costume.
Picture2-1.png

The costume is made up of the following:

-Black spandex undersuit with a turtleneck (I substituted it with black BDUs and a Hatch Centurion Kevlar neck protector which are more realistic and practical). The BDUs are probably the easiest thing to find. The neck seal isn't necessary depending on how big your neck is and/or if you use a certain type of helmet which may cover your neck completely. Regardless its easy to find, I got mine off amazon.

IMG_8650.jpg

I may dye the BDUs a darker black as they've faded over the years.
IMG_8684.jpg

-Hatch Centurion KP250 Knee Pads
These are pretty easy to acquire, I got them off eBay but they are still readily available.
IMG_8652.jpg

-Hatch Centurion EP 300 Elbow Pads Pretty much the same situation as the knee pads.
IMG_8651.jpg

-Black Nylon Pistol web belt with the quick release buckle Again a very simple and easy to get item.
IMG_8671.jpg

-Hatch Dominator RG800 Riot Gloves
These gloves gave me the most trouble as they aren't that readily available anymore and are pretty expensive but I got mine for under $50.
(Picture of gloves to come)

-Arai Tracker GT Helmet in black with a black visor I didn't research this helmet to much but after a brief look around I found the price to be a bit high, over $150 and a bit hard to find. So Instead of getting that helmet I used an old bike helmet that looked similar in white I found on the side of the road during one of my towns last bulk pickups! I'm glad I turned around and got it. :lol

I cleaned it up, took all the stickers off, removed the visor and painted it black
IMG_8517.jpg

IMG_8656.jpg

My cat loves to have get in my pictures :rolleyes
But the next step is to tint the visor black which apparently you can easily do with Rit Dye. Pics to come.

-Blackhawk! Omega VI Tactical Drop Down/Leg pistol holster I watched the movie again recently and took some screen grabs and noticed that the elastic that goes around the leg had black and grey stripes which looked very familiar and then I realized that they were the same holsters used in Stargate SG-1! So if you want to kill two birds with one stone heres a good chance. Although they're easy to find I didn't order this holster as it's a bit pricey (anywhere between $40-$120)! So instead I got a UTG holster. I'll get it eventually.
IMG_8687.jpg

-Blackhawk! Omega Elite M16 Drop Down/Leg Pouches Again these are very expensive (between $40-$80) for some reason, but it can also be used for an SG-1 costume as well. I'm going to substitute it with a similar item for much less.
(Pics to come)

-Hatch Centurion CPX 1000 Body Armor This armor has since been discontinued and is very hard to find but Hatch has made newer models that, to me, look identical. It's the CPX 2000 and the CPX 2500. I ordered the 2500 as its the easiest to find. Look around a bit to compare prices as they range between $50-$100.
IMG_8672.jpg

-Two Umbrella Corp Crossed sword patches which are 2.5 inches by 2.5 inches. These are attached to the shoulder protectors on the main body armor. They can be found on eBay but are usually 3 or 3.5 inches each and may have "Umbrella" written on it. I ordered two that had "Umbrella" written on it and plan on cutting and adjusting them accordingly. These patches go on the shoulder pads of the body armor.
IMG_8674.jpg
This is 2.5 wide by about 3 long. I really don't mind the dimensions but the "Umbrella" written on it was annoying. Instead of cutting it I just took a seam ripper and removed it.
IMG_8675.jpg
IMG_8676.jpg

-Black Tactical Boots I haven't managed to figure out what brand of boots they are but there is a good shot in the movie that shows the bottom of a pair so if anyone is good at identifying them I'll throw it up and see if anyone can ID it. But for now I'm just going to use my Magnum Response boots.
(Pics to come)

On to weapons.

As for weapons anyone of these airsoft guns will do for the main guns:
-MP5
-SIG 550/552
-Micro Galil
-G36C
-SOCOM 16 M1A
-UMP-9
-Barett M82A1

All were used by Umbrella Personnel in the movie but any common rifle will do (example M4).

For the pistols I don't think they showed any guards pull out they're side arms but the main pistol used by Umbrella throughout the movie was the Baretta 92FS but again any common pistol should do (USP .45, Glock 18, etc)

Finally some guards had throwing knives on them.

-United Cutlery UC1255 7.25" Lightening Bolt throwing knives I didn't buy them as I plan on going to cons in this costume but they are easy to get and cheap. Might pick them up for the hell of it some day.

So with that you now know everything you need to get in order to become a Centurion. Hopefully this helps some people out. I'm still in the process of collecting, ordering and assembling my costume and I'll be updating this thread whenever I get new things in/done.

A last note here are two websites that helped me greatly identify some items.

Resident Evil: Apocalypse - Umbrella Centurion Costume Guide - Phoenix Rising
Resident Evil: Apocalypse - imfdb :. guns in movies :. movie guns :. the internet movie firearms database

Last edited:
I don't usually go for this kind of costume, but what you have done has impressed me greatly, might have to start hitting ebay like it was a small child

Hey glad to see someone else making one of these. I have been working on this for the past year myself and have almost everything you do as well, but I am debating about the Helmet. I was thinking of also grabbing a Gasmask and Mitch helmet to see how that goes with it as an alternative.

My advice for anyone who is considering doing this suit is to do it quick. The exact Armour and gloves used are becoming Extremely hard to find as they have been discontinued for some time now and most places are sold out of their stocks. Can't wait to see your finished suit.

Hey glad to see someone else making one of these. I have been working on this for the past year myself and have almost everything you do as well, but I am debating about the Helmet.

I'd love to see some pics. Feel free to post them if you want to.

I was thinking of also grabbing a Gasmask and Mitch helmet to see how that goes with it as an alternative.

I have seen a few other builds around the web, it looks a lot more realistic but I'm a little bit nit picky about those things and since I had a perfectly good helmet might as well. Anyway if your going to go the helmet/gas mask route you'd probably be better off getting a PASGT helmet rather than a Mitch, they're a little older but a lot cheaper and look practically the same. As for the gas mask a lot of people use a simple 3M respirator and then adding the Umbrella Corp logo to the front.

Last edited:
yeah I've had this costume for about 3 years now,.. have to say yours is pretty well done,.. never went the motorcycle helmet route, I'm one of those that went the 3m Respirator and airsoft version of the PAGST helmet, much lighter, after 3 years I still wear it to cons all the time because theres always a RE group or zombies to put down. In fact I'm packing mine up right now for DragonCon next week

Great Job mate :D

Got a set myself over in the UK and appear to be the ONLY Centurion who Troops at Events :( Long for the day of a Squad of us in this kit.

I am also lucky enough to own a few Screen Used UMBRELLA Corp parts from RE: Apocalypse, and a few from RE: Afterlife.

Getting the HATCH stuff is even harder when your outside the US I hasten to add and more expensive :(

This thread is awesome! I have been using it along with the costume guide over on phoenixrising to put on of these together myself.

So far I have everything except the RG800 Dominator Gloves, and the CPX2500 Body armor. Will be ordering both very soon.

I know this thread is a over a year old, but thanks for posting it.

Thank you for the tutorial, it was really helpful;-) I've started making my costume about a year ago and now we have our own Umbrella Cosplay group in Poland;-)11429685_1424068714584112_803269888405164631_n.jpg

Great Job mate :D

Got a set myself over in the UK and appear to be the ONLY Centurion who Troops at Events :( Long for the day of a Squad of us in this kit.

I am also lucky enough to own a few Screen Used UMBRELLA Corp parts from RE: Apocalypse, and a few from RE: Afterlife.

Getting the HATCH stuff is even harder when your outside the US I hasten to add and more expensive :(

Hi there me and a good friend of mine are going to Cardiff comic con this year as centurion guards if you want to meet and troop the area together

JayTheTrooper,
Great To hear two more Centurions in the UK.

Been costuming at events as a Centurion in the UK since 2011. We now have a decent size screen accurate squad of 10+

We also do the headwear of what is called the "HEAVY TROOPER" around the world with RE UMBRELLA Corp groups.

zubcs4.jpgzumbvial.jpgzumbkill.jpgzumbhtu01.jpgzumbht2.jpgzumbht1.jpgzumbht.jpgzumb6.jpg

Attachments

• sig_zpsd590c5ab.jpg
    sig_zpsd590c5ab.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 850
That's awesome when me and my centurion brother have our gear together would you like to troop an event together possibly do something for charity ?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back