Men in Black MIB Pulsar project

Man you are a master of your craft. Love watching how these are taking shape! I was just watching the first movie again tonight, really cool how the pulsar magazine has lights in it. I've always liked how it has that black textured stuff on the back end of the magazine (maybe the front too?). The bullets almost seem like they have some sort of stripes on them as well.

Man you are a master of your craft.

That's a lie, only thing I am master of is my own delusions....lol If I was a master this crap would be easier I think. I am just an amateur learning as he goes.

Didn't do much over the last 2 days. Got bit In the elbow by I assume a spider or bee as it blew up and my whole arm hurts like heck.

Got the barrel tops done, Pump slide semi cleaned up and grip started. Still have to do some straightening on the slide edges since both sides were not the same and need to dress up the edges all over where ive been cutting to close up the gaps.

6aGpBHC.jpg

NkHRrUm.jpg

lIQNflE.jpg

qiDB2od.jpg

Last edited:
Mlxplx, thank you!

Camburg, this gun gets an alien in a tube at the top. The tribarrel ( which I'm finishing next) has it on the side. I have some ideas on making it but ill let them be a surprise! I will be making handful of these but not many at all, just too much work and too many custom parts. they wont be cheap so I don't expect that much interest. I just want enough so the group can do runs of the tougher aluminum parts like the top slotted rail and the side and rear aluminum parts and have enough people to not have to spend a fortune which I will if Rusty and I do this alone....lol
I cleaned up the seam on the guns. Unfortunately 2 barrels were not as straight as I wanted so I cut them today and straighten them out and repoxy them. Tomorrow i will do a little filling here and there and they will be set for now. I need to make some small wood frames to go in the pump grip slide area and a strip to go along the top rail so when it gets cut for the aluminum one it will be ready.

QnYMzPX.jpg

4fJHmei.jpg

xr7dYHu.jpg

SsPsjJ1.jpg

NSzxEG9.jpg

2sgH3ls.jpg

khPKbPy.jpg

Last edited:
Looking awesome as usual Glen! Maybe we can get the member who was working on the alien for the guns for ICONS to chime in here? I wish there was better reference on those but I can't find anything really. Speaking of which I can't even find the Blu-ray here and I've looked all over lol. Anyway, the guns are looking badass buddy! Hope the sanding isn't too much of a pain in the ass. This gun really has a lot of individual parts when compared to the Tri-Barrel. I was able to score that upper back black button on Ebay. Still keeping a lookout on those other ones from the Radio. There's on on there right now but that's a scary price tag! : O As for the Deatomizer button I haven't even been able to find a photo of one of those.

That looks fantastic man!!! I don't know if I told you when I showed you those different paints I had tried, but the ones on the cheap toy guns actually had been done with a really shiny gloss black before hand. I ordered the Krylon Silver Foil Metallic so that should be here next week so I can see how it looks and feels compared to these others.

Cool, cant wait to see what that foil looks like. The guns need to have a bunch of small pits here and there filled in. There are a bunch along the top barrel but I expected them. I had the same thing on the original gun. With the exception of the fitting of the grip slide they are pretty much at the same stage as the original.

Man that is a beauty! What sort of primer do you use? I've been using the sandable filler and primer here from Walmart and it seems to work great! I tried doing multiple coats on an unrelated 3D printed part in strong and flexible and even after several coats looks like it would need quite a few more to have a flat surface. In all fairness though that was with zero sanding on the part, I just treated it as an experiment.

I'm really excited to have found a company that does the metal spraying in polished aluminum. They also offer a Chrome coating but I'm trying to get this as close to the originals as possible and I always thought the original polished look was way better. Probably will do the front end piece in chrome though like the original.

Better to use filler putty if the grooves are too deep. I have better results if I do a lot of thin coats of filler primer with a good dry time between coats. I find some primers don't dry well or take along time to dry if applied in thick coats. I use a few different primers. The standard Walmart fast dry primer is what I am using on the pump grip stuff because its getting molded. On my guns ill be using Krylon primer and then gloss black.. Mainly because ill probably go with the Krylon silver Foil and want to keep it brand consistent, If that metal spraying thing works I may give it a look. Like everything, depends on price.

Oh man! Those babies turned out amaaazzzzinnngggggg!!!! I'm so over the top right now over here, I can't wait to see them in person! So much MIB goodness this year with this and the Deatomizer and hopefully the Tri-Barrel too eventually! I meant to ask you before but forgot, are all the added metal pieces and buttons pretty much just going to have to be glued on to the main body? I'm sure you'll let me know when the best time to get it chromed would be in the assembly process lol.

Some of them may be glued but I'm trying to make most of it screw on. I need to get some longer hardware for some parts like the pump grip, top teardrops, and top rail screws. What I bought before was for looks and now it needs to be functional so I need to get longer ones.

It's coming along. I was wondering what the inside of that pump handle looked like. Do is it more of a slide along the rail or will they actually pump like a real shotgun? I remember when the Tri-Barrel gets lifted out of the trunk you can see the pump slide slightly on the track.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back