Men in Black MIB Pulsar project

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

Johnny, yes same style alien tank is used on the tribarrel too. I plan on building up my tribarrel after this is done. What did you use for the saucer shaped tank? Are the front of your barrels intact? Mine are missing the end piece so I plan on just redoing all the front barrel assembly out of aluminum. Would love to get a look at the barrel ends if you have any pics.
thx

Hi Zombie Killer, I hope the project is still going well and for some reason (I guess work) this thread fell completely off of my radar until now. In case you are still interested I originally used a round glass soap dish for the base of the saucer, (the type that sits in a metal wall bracket, see photo) on the side of the tri-barrel as I found that the part that would normally sit in the wall bracket fitted nicely in the recess of the gun. I cut part out of a clear plastic dome off of a garden light fitting to make the top of the dome and glued them together, but in order to be able to fill the saucer with liquid I had to drill the soap dish, which cracked slightly, so that was the test piece, but the shape and size looked fine. I have now found the same dish in acrylic which will work much better. I also intend to use a pink rubber sea anemone from an aquarium shop for the pink alien inside.

My tri-barrel is a stunt version made of solid hard foam rubber and unfortunately it also does not have the barrel end piece so like you I was planning on making this out of aluminium. I have posted some photos and although it is far from finished it looks OK from a distance but will take a lot of time and effort to get it to the right standard, as like yours it had some serious molding issues with the seams and alignment and I have just not had the time to get on and finish it.

Keep up the great work :thumbsup. Cheers John

DSCF1087.JPG DSCF1088.JPG DSCF1089.JPGDSCF1090.JPG DSCF1081.JPG DSCF1085.JPG DSCF1084.JPG

Ok , so after a year away from home for work I am finally getting back to this. I must say this is a bit of a PITA to cast. Getting the TC1630 to stay in all the crannies and then trying to fiberglass said crannies.........ugh. I think I am going to have to do each step it in multiple stages next time. Which means it will take some time. Took me a weekend to do one half but I think if I do it in stages I can get 2 halves done in 1 weekend. Anyways at least were moving forward again. So now I cast the other half and see where I'm at. This half came out better then I though it was going to when I made it. I am really only interested in the main body at this point. The pump section will be removed so I can make it actually slide and the side parts and top barrel section will be aluminum so they need to be removed . Basically its getting stripped of all its parts.

DSCN3320aM.jpg
DSCN3324m.jpg
DSCN3325m.jpg
DSCN3326m.jpg
DSCN3329m.jpg
DSCN3330m.jpg

Thanks everyone !!!
Tried a new process. Takes a bit longer but it eliminates issues I had with air bubbles. I made this pair over the weekend. Only a few tiny bubbles but overall I think they came out nice. The first one is fine too but there were a few air bubbles in the grip ribs between the urethane and glass. Since ill be using that for my hero build I will be chopping off the pump grip slide area to rebuild it so the slide works so it doesn't matter. This time around I did 2 stages of urethane. One to cover it and then a second on the sides of the mold to make the area smooth. I am not going to lie, these are a pita to make. 3 days worth of messing to get some halves. You have to babysit the urethane until its thick enough to sorta stay then you have to do the same with the epoxy. One thing you cant do with fiberglass is cheap out on the labor.. My first cast I just laid a bunch of bigger chunks of glass and it was hard to get it to follow the contours of the part. But if you chop the glass into strips and lay other strips on top to hold the first in place its a lot less effing with. Another thing I did this time was lay the glass mat strips down and then once saturated lay bigger strips of glass cloth down. The cloth over mat helped to keep the glass down and bubbles to a minimum. Unless I do some vac bag setup there will always be some sort of bubbles between the TC-1630 and epoxy. This prop just has too many undercuts and odd shaped areas. Anyways, I have one more halve to make to continue . This pair is for Rusty since I promised him id make him a set for selling me the originals. Its only been 5 years since I started this thread...:ninja sorry for the blurry pics, my cam doesn't like low light and shaky hands,
DSCN3343m.jpg
DSCN3344m.jpg
DSCN3345m.jpg
DSCN3347m.jpg
DSCN3348m.jpg
DSCN3349m.jpg
DSCN3350m.jpg
DSCN3351m.jpg
DSCN3352m.jpg
DSCN3353m.jpg

Last edited:
do you know if your copy has shrunk compared to the original one ?
and how long is this gun anyway :)

Last edited:
That turned out phenomenal Glen, amazing work on it! Must be nice seeing all your hard work finally coming to fruition. I actually saved that button you directed me to for the back of the gun. Those molds are a beast!!!

do you know if your copy has shrunk compared to the original one ?
and how long is this gun anyway :)

This cast is around 39" long and it probably shrank 1/8" in length, no noticeable shrinkage in height. so not really too bad for such a big piece.

It's like deja vue all over again....... lol.... I swear i've done this before. Got my second half urethaned/glassed and cleaned up and mostly trim to size. I still need to trim the top of the barrel but the rest is pretty close to being ready to start epoxying these together. Ill be doing it in stages to make sure it all stays straight. Ill be doing mine and rustys at the same time so I need to clean that one up next. I have the silicone and Onyx already so as soon as I get these glued together I can cut the grip sections out and make the grip pump slide. Then ill mold it and cast the slide sections in black Onyx. The original props had black grip slides. I didn't snap any pics of the inside yet but only because I forgot but here are the shells trimmed up. Hard to hold it together with one hand and snap a pic but you get the idea. I have measured the original gun width all around and I'm making these shells the same exact size. They have to be the same so the aluminum top sections and pump grips fit all of the shells.
IMG_2816m.jpg
IMG_2817m.jpg
IMG_2818m.jpg

Looks great man! I assume you used a dremel to cut out those sections? I've been scouring the internet to find pictures of the magazine but so far haven't turned up much of anything. On another note I did have a picture of the Tri-Barrel that no longer seems to be available anymore online. I remember that the guy said he took it at Universal Studios. There was a mannequin dressed as an MIB agent holding the Tri-Barrel. I actually printed that picture out but don't have the electronic copy anymore sadly.

Thanks guys !
Rusty , I use a drum sander on a drill to do a lot of the cleanup then a long sanding board to shore it all up and get it to the final width. That I will do over the next week .
I've been looking forward to getting here for some time.........

IMG_2823m.jpg
IMG_2824m.jpg

The obligatory Aaaaawwwww pic.

IMG_2821m.jpg

And the shameless current projects pic. haha.

IMG_2825m.jpg

Last edited:
Man that is coming along niiiiceeeee!!! I always thought it was a strange choice on the pump grip being chromed. I remember thinking they should have kept it black, but I suppose there would have been no contrast with the black slide railing.

Thank you!

got a little more done today, to get these things straight it has to be done in sections. Epoxied the rear half of the upper barrel sections and got the other pump grip rail half attached. Hope to get the 2 sections attached tomorrow so I can start filling and cleaning them up so they can get a silicone bath.

RG1aNhG.jpg

CA4KQIP.jpg

Yzj4Xfz.jpg

ectImf1.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back