Captain America TFA Helmet

Finhead

Sr Member
Have a flooded garage today so couldn't work today so thought I would paint my Cap helmet.
Not quite done yet need to detail the battle damage but I base coated it, weathered it painted the A and wings and did the base for the battle damage. Also had to trim and grind down some of the rubber as this was a miss cast and was a first cast with new material that turns color as it dries so it had a purple tint to it when I started.
Hope to get the leather installed in the next few days.

IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

IMG_0732.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Captain America TFA Helmet WIP

Looks great, Clinton :thumbsup

I'll get around to finishing mine one of these days... :lol

Thanks guys. :)
Forgot to mention that this is cast in a movie accurate high shore Urethane Rubber not the resin everyone else seems to run them in. Fits far more comfortable and form fitting.
Very flexable but still holds it's shape perfectly :)

1.jpg

Looking great, I still need to get mine painted. So you did a whole base coat over the whole helmet?

Thanks guys. :)
Forgot to mention that this is cast in a movie accurate high shore Urethane Rubber not the resin everyone else seems to run them in. Fits far more comfortable and form fitting.
Very flexable but still holds it's shape perfectly :)

NO stop!! YOUR BREAKING IT!! :rolleyes

It does look great. The battle damage makes it look very sturdy and metallic. The A looks even better as it has that faded look to make it look very authentic.

Thanks agin guys.

Looking great, I still need to get mine painted. So you did a whole base coat over the whole helmet?

Yes the tinted rubber is just a base so a light coat of paint is needed and it covers quick. Also so the inside is blue as well.

NO stop!! YOUR BREAKING IT!! :rolleyes

It does look great. The battle damage makes it look very sturdy and metallic. The A looks even better as it has that faded look to make it look very authentic.

Yeah the A and wings went on a little too heavy for my taste, hard to judge when it is all masked up the camera makes it look a bit brighter than it is. I'll know for next time. :)

Fantastic, love the fact it is made from rubber and can be squashed like that!!

Great job so far on the paint and weathering, is this your own sculpt?

That is an amazingly beautiful helmet plus it is molded in color and fold-able!!!!!!!!

Thanks once again.
Yes it is high shore urethane rubber as the ones used on screen were cast in. Only way to go with these IMO the resin cast ones are great for display but to wear they look far to big once you can get them on.

And yes my sculpt using very accurate meassurments. :)

Looks great Clinton

Are you going to break your leather down a bit before you attach...or give the whole thing a once over all put together?

Thanks Jason.
I wasn't sure what your question meant but I think I got it now. You mean weather the leather before I put it in place. I did soked it let it dry out in the sun scuffed it up with a scotch pad and resoaked and left in the sun again. It was really weathered, went back in with a bit of oil to get it looking good. :)

Looks great Clinton

Are you going to break your leather down a bit before you attach...or give the whole thing a once over all put together?

And a few pics of the leather in place few without the chin strap and few with it , not sure I'm keeping this one so I just tacked the chin strap in place so it can be adjusted for someone else if need be.

20120717_235251.jpg

20120717_235237.jpg

20120717_235223.jpg

20120718_004008.jpg

20120718_003949.jpg

So beautiful... you do such an amazing job on all your pieces.. great attention to detail.

I don't suppose you are offering paint jobs yet? :)

Oh, and did you use that same glue you mentioned? It didn't stick that well for me... the leather was able to pull right off easily..

Thanks Supes. :)

And thanks again Chris.
Yes I am offering paint now actually. And I wanted to try a different glue on this piece and it seemed to work really well and stuck pretty much instantly. Here it's supposed to stay flexible.

So beautiful... you do such an amazing job on all your pieces.. great attention to detail.

I don't suppose you are offering paint jobs yet? :)

Oh, and did you use that same glue you mentioned? It didn't stick that well for me... the leather was able to pull right off easily..

This is definitely my favorite of Cap's movie helmets thus far, so I'm glad to see you tackling it with such attention to detail.

Great job!

-Nick

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back