Props/toys you just love

oraclemask

This is probably a boring thread but I was just wondering if there was a prop/toy that you just just got SO excited over. My wife recently bought me a talkgirl toy. Its the pink girly version of the talkboy recorder from Home Alone 1&2. I almost wept with joy and I cant stop playing with it! I've wanted one since I was younger and my parents wouldn't let me have one. Its the beginning of my collection...... Next up is a MMPR morpher :):)

LazerTag! When it came out I had my mom call every ToysRUs in Michigan looking for a set. We finally found a store that had them and drove over an hour to get there. My God was that a beautiful laser gun! I palyed with till it broke. I now have two mint sets, a Starlyte rifle and one pistol converted with a green laser.

LazerTag! When it came out I had my mom call every ToysRUs in Michigan looking for a set. We finally found a store that had them and drove over an hour to get there. My God was that a beautiful laser gun! I palyed with till it broke. I now have two mint sets, a Starlyte rifle and one pistol converted with a green laser.

Sounds frickin awesome! :lol

My mom never buy me Nerf guns when I was younger, so when I started to get an allowance when I was 10 years old or so, I saved up and bought one of those Nerf chainguns. It was so awesome and it was so great to finally have my own gun when playing with my friends (I always had to borrow their crappy ones while they used the cooler guns). I was in heaven.

Then my mom saw it 2 or 3 days later and was so pissed off at me. She made me return it. I was so embarrassed at the toy store because the cashier asked me why I was returning it (It was the most popular model at the time), and I had to lie and say I didn't like it. :cry

I've never had a Nerf gun........ Am i missing out?

There was just something about them that was awesome when I was younger. Shooting those foam arrows or darts, running out of them and then dashing furiously to pick up the ammo off the ground to reload clumsily while trying not to get shot by your friends. :love

My favorite toy was a 1970's glow in the dark space sword by Toy Box Inc. It was a blatant Star Wars rip off, but I carried that everywhere. I have been looking to buy one again but never can find one for sale :(

EDIT: After 5 years, I scored one on the original backer card :)

Last edited:
My favorite toy was a 1970's glow in the dark space sword by Toy Box Inc. It was a blatant Star Wars rip off, but I carried that everywhere. I have been looking to buy one again but never can find one for sale :(

I think I had one. Do you have a picture?

I have two GiTD space swords from around that time, I wonder if they are the same?
They are both in pretty rough shape.

I use to have one of these when I was a kid it was the best thing ever. I have always wanted to get again, the one I had was gold though.
transformers08.jpg

Major Matt Mason! I still remember the smell of opening up the package! I wish someone would reproduce them with better technology (no chipping paint, no internal wires to break).

The first time I saw Star Wars figures on the shelf was a big deal. At that point, you could only get them with the Early Bird kit to send away for the first four. Back in 1978, and being 8 years old and no such thing as interent to let you know when and what was going to be released made going to the toy aisle a chance for discovery.

I remember walking through the toy section of Venture (like a Target back then). I walked down one aisle and went to go up the next when I was hit with an end cap full of Star Wars figure and ships. It was a huge deal because I never thought I would get my hands on a Star Wars figure and i especially wanted an R2 figure. Unitl then, I was making due with a R2 I made from Legos, Micronauts, and the Space 1999 ship as a way to play out my Star Wars fantasies.

I was not aware that these were at some point going to come to the stores. I don't think I even looked at them, I took off at full speed through the store to find and drag my parents back. I left there that night with R2-D2 and C-3PO. I felt lucky to get to choose two. What were they? Like $1.49 each?

I don't know about love, per se... But my favorite toy would have to be the current line of Ultimate FX Lightsabers from Hasbro. They're not as accurate or expensive as the full on Signature (formerly MR) Series, but the retain most of the technology and all of the fun. This is exactly what I would loved to have had when I was ten after having seen Star Wars the first time. Instead, given the technology of the time, all I got was a golf tube on a flashlight.

LazerTag!

I remember when those came out. I still have 2 working guns. Such an amazing design/look. The rifles were pretty cool too, but only available in white If i recall.

The big toy I wanted the most but never got (until ebay went online) was the Milton Bradley Big Trak.

Finally got one in mint condition and just a few years ago the jr.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back