Crows Nest 1/48 Proetus

MARK M3

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
2d18bec0.jpg

b4dec76d.jpg

‎1/48 Crowsnest Proteus Build up.Teaser pix for upcomming Sci-Fi and Fantasy Modeler Magazine article. This model will feature all the bells and Whistles from Crows Nest. Full Lighting Package..two sets of Figures..the works!!!!!

Last edited:
Been thinking about this model for awhile. It's such a cool design. Can't wait to see how you incorporate the lighting package. Thanks for sharing!

UPDATE.

Test Fitting/Priming/Painting...The parts are just tacked together with a base coat applied before final clean up and super detailing..
A view from the front and from the Lab looking through the Hatch...

ab00d928.jpg

29b26506.jpg

So far so good. Which version of the character figures are you going to use?

Hey Alan!

Thanks for the kind words Sir!

I have both the seated and standing figures..I haven't decided which set I will use just yet. The Pilot will be seated in the dome however. I may mix and match...I don't know what effect I want yet.

UPDATE!

I have Painted the exterior hull Pure white from Tamiya..Airbrushed on in several coats. I have also started detailing and Painting the interior..

The hatches.. I wanted my top hatch to open. I removed the white metal center of the Hatch Return and fashioned another out of Brass Rod of two sizes..The hatch now opens and closes.

I cemented the bottom hatch closed...

d97fdf17.jpg

4f040cb3.jpg

8212ebb0.jpg

7440b2f7.jpg

4acf0ae9.jpg

UPDATE...

I have to say, I am having a blast on this build!! I installed the Glass windows and did more detail painting..

I also did the first light test! I have to say Drew and the good folks at Crows Nest hit this out of the park!

334ae0c9.jpg

515cc4cd.jpg

Great! I actually have more memories of the old Sixties cartoon, Fantastic Voyage, than I do of the live action movie... but this movie Proteus is really awesome. And your lighting effect rocks.

More Pics ..Note* This model is still under construction..not everything is cemented together yet.

Decals applied.

c91b4671.jpg

7b803f95.jpg

7618d20e.jpg

Veeeeeeeeeery interesting. I am waiting for my kit to ship and this is a good reconnaissance. I can see the window frames will be an issue to deal with.
I'm not sure what stage of the story mine will portray but if I were to light the ring, I'll be opting for warm white leds as the film clearly shows the lights to have the typical incandescent yellowish glow.

You got a good result from what's apparently a good kit. I feel at ease now, having seen your pictures, that the (lot of) money (for me anyway) is justified. It's always good to have an independent source of information to verify the true quality of a product and your pictures have contributed to that very much.

Thanks for posting.

Kind regards.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back