Childsize robin forever sculpted muscle suit!!

darthchiro

Hey everyone, here is a robin suit I made for a 9yr old. I didn't finish the cape or belt, and the mask wasn't cured so I had to give him an old nightwing mask I had made. I am working on finishing the belt and making the proper cape with colar and gold lining and I hope to get some more pics when its complete.

I love how it fits him. thanks for looking.

Photoshopped the red for this pic
DSC02333a.jpg

Picture_039b.jpg

Picture_040a.jpg

How cool does that look.
Makes me wish I was 9 all over again...

-yet... mentally, some might consider me to still be there :lol -

-Tom-

<div class='quotetop'>(DrStranglove @ Nov 4 2006, 03:32 AM) [snapback]1350395[/snapback]</div>
Tell us about how you made it...
[/b]

Thanks alot everyone for the great comments.

I sculpted it last yr, but I didn't have time to paint and finish it properly. It was made exactly as an adult suit is made. It was sculpted in oilbased clay on a bodycast (in this case a mannequin) here is a pic of the WIP

DSC01418.jpg

Then a mold was made of it in plaster. Then I made a fiberglass casting of it to clean it up and sand it glass smooth this is the fiberglass cast paint with gloss paint
DSC01603.jpg

Then I molded this positive and took that mold to make a latex cast in tinted metallic latex
DSC01724.jpg

Then I glued it to an undersuit and sprayed the exposed areas with latex and the latex paint so it would match the armor. Then glued the detail peices on, the rings and "R"

DSC01769.jpg

The cape is latex with a deep leather grain to it But I didn't get a pic of that.

Here is the proper mask I didn't have one ready for halloween

DSC01735.jpg

This suit can be used for any hero really its a full wrap around suit

back.jpg

DSC02050.jpg

DSC02072.jpg

and here is a custom batsuit
MVC-011S.jpg

So ya fun stuff for sure. This is pretty much what I did for my batman begins suit as well

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back