Fantastic Four

Re: Fantastic Four Reboot

So while they´re at it (the studios) why don´t we make Blade white? and Luke Cage? Let´s make Black Panther of Hindu nationality. Let´s change nightcrawler to Yellow and let´s make Colossus Samoan... I want to see a Nordic looking Warmachine and a black Iron man with a chinese Pepper Potts and add a north korean wolverine please.

It´s all BS! Characters are FINE the way they are with only the most irregular "SOMETIMES" when a change like this turns out to be awesome Like the Fury ethnicity change proved. But for real here, WHY in hell would anyone need to change ethnics just to say "we´re being inclusive" is ballz to me!

Heck I could also state that turning one of my beloved characters that has been white for 50 years into black is RACIST to me! (It´s not but I´m just making a point here)

I LOVE characters like Blade and Black Panther and I would absolutely HATE if they changed their ethnics just because but this change in the movie is more than just plain stupidity, it´s a spit in the face to the characters source material and at that is also a spit to the face of the fans of these comic book characters.

I will NOT even waste my internet broadband on this movie. don´t plan to even waste one dime on it and IF I even get to see it will be because someone put it on his house while I was there and then ONLY to have source reasons to vomit on it online afterward.

Doctor Doom is my favorite all time character (has been for almost 35 years now) and by default I dig the FF and i´m really bugged off with this movie in ALL aspects of it´s production.

I do hope WHOLEHEARTEDLY to see this movie come down in flames... I know I´ll sing:

"Burn baby Burn!!"

530439-drdoomchap.gif

I agree, if that's what Doom looks in the final movie then I don't have high hopes for it. Whether or not that's the final Doom suit it's definitely not a CGI stand in, it's entirely the wrong color and lacks any motion tracking dots/balls on it; just look at behind the scenes footage of Andy Serkis performing as Gollum to see what it would look like if it was to be a CG overlay, better yet, just look at the guy Doom is facing, that guy is definitely going to get a CG makeover of some sort.

One good thing, judging by that tweeted pic earlier in this thread, is that The Thing is going to look pretty good and actually look like rock. All of the previous Thing suits always looked like a rubber suit to me and never looked convincingly of rock. At best you could say that it looked like concrete painted to look like rock like they do at Disneyland but it definitely didn't look like actual rock.

They found a way to make the Mandarin "twist" look brilliant by comparison. Well done, FOX.

Also, for the love of Jack Kirby, "casted" is not a word. Frigging article author.

Well this just keeps getting to be a bigger steaming pile of...

Which will be flop worse next year this or Genysis...

This just in: Execs at the studio have decided to change the name from "The Fantastic Four" to "The Cool Cuatro" to sound "hip" and "with it" and bring in the young viewers.

The thing that Marvel Studios proved, more than anything else, is that the spirit of the source material is durable on film. And that the best directors and writers are fans of comics to begin with.

Clearly this is another film by folks who have no inherent love or understanding of the comics.
FF seems poised to become one of the prime examples of retcon fail.

Everything I hear gets worse and worse. Doctor Doom - from the ruler of a country - a unique and complex villain, rich in dramatic potential (and potential sociopolitical allegory), who is even loved by many in his homeland. Now reduced into a stereotypical schizotypal programmer/hacker villain (a la Superman 3, Live Free or Die Hard)?

If that's the story they wanted to tell they didn't need to appropriate the name of Dr. Doom. They could have made up a new character entirely and that might even be forgivable.

Instead they think nothing about defecating on my childhood mythos. Leave comic movies to fans and writers of comics. This product deserves to be buried in a landfill with all those E.T. Atari cartridge games.

Last edited:

Have they had their heads in the sand while GOTG racked up nearly a billion, by staying true to the source material?

Just give the FF back to marvel, its clear they have no idea what to do with them.

The more I hear about this production the less I am liking it. I'd love to hear some honest comments by anyone associated with the film. I don't mean a soundbite released to the media trying to convince themselves that Dr. Doom's character works better as a blogger/programmer whose likely claim to angst and world destruction lies in spending too much time on his computer and probably swilling energy drinks?? You have to understand Dr. Doom isn't really a bad guy, he's just "got wings" from too much Red Bull..
Just shoot me.

When I am one of The Fantastic Four do not come to me and say we need to stop an angry blogger. I'm liable to go Mr. Guermo slap happy! A slap for you, and a slap for you...

It's not that films need to be exactly like comics or that Marvel hasn't made some adjustments to adapt stories to the screen - but most of Marvel's own changes have minor changes that serve to adapt the spirit of the comic fiction to a movie format/pace.

Fundamental reinterpretations are a different matter altogether that don't serve the spirit of the source at all. Most changes are lame-brained attempts at being original when, ironically, they end up transforming fresh material into something that's derivative of a thousand Hollywood action films. Introverted hacker villain? *groan*. Do they even call them hackers anymore?

The more I hear about this production the less I am liking it. I'd love to hear some honest comments by anyone associated with the film. I don't mean a soundbite released to the media trying to convince themselves that Dr. Doom's character works better as a blogger/programmer whose likely claim to angst and world destruction lies in spending too much time on his computer and probably swilling energy drinks?? You have to understand Dr. Doom isn't really a bad guy, he's just "got wings" from too much Red Bull..
Just shoot me.

When I am one of The Fantastic Four do not come to me and say we need to stop an angry blogger. I'm liable to go Mr. Guermo slap happy! A slap for you, and a slap for you...

But it will be really cool when Thing has to overcome the bulk of his own hands in order to counter-hack Dr. Doom in order to save his love interest, Mr. Fantastic.

Hollywood should stop trying to pretend to understand social media or technology in order to appeal to youth culture.
So Dr. Doom is a programmer and blogger? Blogger? Seriously?

Or maybe the premise is that the Fantastic Four and Dr. Doom have competitive food blogs. You guys, the possibilities are endless for this movie!

Oh competitive food blogs! The FF can battle Doom on Iron Chef or Chopped.
They'll never appeal to the current gen unless FF headquarters is located in Williamsburg, Brooklyn and Mr. Fantastic had a beard and full sleeve tats..

Competitive food blogs?
Does that mean Jon Favreau will be directing the sequel?

You heard it here first.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back