Super7 is going to make the unproduced 1979 ALIEN action figures!

phase pistol

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is bound to be of interest to somebody! :)

Super7 announces ALIEN ReAction Figures! | CollectionDX

Alien_Lineup.jpg.scaled500.jpg

Yes in 1979, Kenner was supposed to follow up its Star Wars toy success with...ALIEN figures! :lol

The 18" "Big Chap" was all they produced before horrified parents complained and the line was shut down... although that 18" figure is darn sweet! :)

Anyway now at last the missing Star-Wars-scaled figures of Ripley, Kane et al are finally going to be made. :thumbsup

k

Is it just me, or does Kane look like Dengar to anyone else? :lol

They are cool though! I'll pick up a set of them! :thumbsup

Kevin

That is awesome and a great story.

I have a friend who had the 12" Alien and said he and his brother were terrified of it and hid it in the closet. Too funny.

I know this post is for the unproduced figures finally getting made, but over at Figure Realm, a guy scratchbuilt a Ripley from photos and information about the figure from the line. Honestly, the company should get in contact with him to do the others in my opinion: Lt. Ellen Ripley Custom Action Figure

My father bought the original Alien for my mom as a gag when they came out. My mother collects dolls, so he thought she might want it. She didn't want it, and gave it back to my dad! About 5 years ago my dad regifted it to me! It's in great shape, but the box is a little beat up.
I was scared to death of that thing for yeaes, while it was stored in the closet! As I got older, I became a huge H.R. Giger fan, as well as Alien. So he's finally found a home!

Now if they do the original 18 inch figure I would snap that up. I had one as a kid and kept it thru the mid 80's then I sold it. My brother still has his, in the box, with the poster! Sadly, no interest in the little figures, but still cool for nostalgia.

On the one hand, it's really cool that they're making the figures that never made it to production. But on the other hand, couldn't they make them up to today's standards?

They're not going to be sold at 1979/80 prices, nor will they have the collectibilty value of figures from those years; so why stick us with figures that look like they were made in the 70s? It's not as if anybody has 3 or 4 of the original line of figures from then, and they need these to complete their sets. This is a whole new line, based on an old franchise.

Hasbro/Kenner revamped the original Star Wars lineup, how many times? You have your "made in 1978" Luke Skywalker in Tatooine gear and your "made in 20xx" Luke Skywalker in Tatooine gear - both action figures based on the same exact character in the franchise, but one has been updated to reflect today's production abilities.

-Fred

Now if they do the original 18 inch figure I would snap that up. I had one as a kid and kept it thru the mid 80's then I sold it. My brother still has his, in the box, with the poster! Sadly, no interest in the little figures, but still cool for nostalgia.

A Japanese company named Tsukuda re-made the 18" alien back in the late 90's, but they made it out of vinyl...which I think is/was the only major difference. I believe they also recreated the box art from the original.

This is great, I can't wait to get my hands on these! Does anyone have any idea how much these will retail for?

On the one hand, it's really cool that they're making the figures that never made it to production. But on the other hand, couldn't they make them up to today's standards?

Keep in mind that there have been many many Alien figures over the years, and many that are high quality (12" Ripleys, Hickses, and so on, in addition to too many Alien Xenomorphs to count).

So the point here is to finally give us the 3-3/4" figures that were planned in the Seventies but never actually made. Designed by the company that gave us the original Star Wars action figures that changed how toys were made and sold! :)

It's actually quite exciting from a toy history perspective.

k

I don't think the 3-3/4" alien was intended to have a dome. The 18-incher did, but I don't see anything that says Super7 is repopping that guy.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back