A-wing color scheme

Refit1701

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Anyone got references or color suggestions for the A-wing? I've got this superb resin kit here that needs a paint job.

One of the studio models had a reddish color on it.

Any ideas?

John

<div class='quotetop'>(streetjudge79 @ Nov 3 2006, 02:24 PM) [snapback]1349924[/snapback]</div>
Yeah it was like a dark red/maroon color.
[/b]

The color I had picked out for the "red" was a red primer, one of the automotive brands, I can't remember the exact brand but it was pretty close to chronicles color wise. I'll see if I can dig it out maybe next week? That projects been in a box in the back of the shop for far too long . . . too many projects and not enough time. Look for a red automotive primer at your local autozone, wallyworld, etc, and that should be a good start point for you. Not sure what was originally used, but I LOVE my rattlebombs and I've gotten pretty good at matching colors, and IIRC it was pretty spot on.

I know for the white I was going to use Tamiya Insignia White since its actually a VERY light grey color to help tone down the white a bit prior to weathering. Plain white was too stark on the test shot.

Hope that helps

Ryan

Gunze Sangyo has a color in their aqueous line H33 Russet that is the exact color for the Revell Germany Star Wars prepainted kits.It looks like the dark red color that used in all the rebel alliance ships.Alexander

I think he means the kit mastered by Alfred Wong maybe. I also looked at the red, auto primer looks about right too, i have the Halfords brand being in the UK (there primer is acrylic and goes on great) and it seems to match very well.

lee

<div class='quotetop'>(ralphee @ Nov 4 2006, 11:40 AM) [snapback]1350601[/snapback]</div>
I think he means the kit mastered by Alfred Wong maybe. I also looked at the red, auto primer looks about right too, i have the Halfords brand being in the UK (there primer is acrylic and goes on great) and it seems to match very well.

lee
[/b]

Yes, that was the kit.

I'm off to find some red primer now plus some off white. I got my LEDS in yesterday for lighting.

Thanks guys. I'll post pics when it's finished.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back