A short review of MCL34N's finished ASM suit by El Fett (+ some mods)

El Fett

Sr Member
Back in March I had the good fortune of visiting the forum at just the right time to run into MCL34N’s Spider-Man mask thread. I’ve been a member of the forum for several years but with the recent hacking, I had been staying away from it. Lucky for me, that day I was at the right place, at the right time and I acted fast! As soon as he decided to sell his prototype I immediately jumped on it. Once I had it in my hands and saw the craftsmanship I offered to commission the whole suit… The rest is history.

And since I’m the only current owner of a fully finished piece, I wanted to take to take a moment to give props to the artist and showcase some of the cool things about the suit people may not know about from just looking at pics.

photo.jpg

One of the most incredible things about this suit is that the entire thing, and I mean all of it is 100% original handmade or handcrafted work. From the pattern to the lens frames, web shooters right down to every last bit of HC. All MCL34N. Just as Peter Parker would have done it! The only thing I did myself was installing the shoes and lining the inside of the face-shell.

So let's take a look piece by piece...

First the Mask/Shell/Eyes

photo.jpg

The eyes frames are actually attached magnetically and fit flush on the shell. This is very handy when wearing the suit and something I always wanted to have. MCL34N made it happen.

photo.jpg

photo.jpg

The gloves – its all there, the palm pads, the finger “sensors”, everything.

photo.jpg

The shooters – These actually light up when you press down on the pad! Yeah! I know righ?! Friggin cool!

photo.jpg

photo.jpg

You can see them in action here but you have to pay attention to the shooters: McLean's Finished Spidey Suit 2 - YouTube

The Chest Spider – Silicone filled goodness! Not Puffy paint here.

photo.jpg

When it all comes together the effect is “AMAZING”

photo.jpg

MCL34N set out to make a suit that was not only true to the what you saw on screen, but also practical and functional every step of the way. It was a cool mix and balance of screen accurate with a touch of real world “What would Peter do?” approaches. The process was not easy or obstacle free but he kept at it like a boss. One thing I truly admire is that when something didn’t look, feel or work right, he would start from scratch all over again. This lead to a couple of delays in delivery but through it all he was very honest and upfront and the wait was always worth it. AND we made the release deadline. I could not be happier folks! This review is to say thank you to the artist and to let everybody know to lookout for this kid because he is on his way up so stay tuned and keep an eye out for his future projects.

As you probably saw on my other thread, I’ve owned many suits over the years but this one takes the cake, not only because of the finished product, but also the experience was overall AAA+. MCL34N is professional, courteous, honest and as talented as they come. So let’s give credit where credit is due ;)

Last edited:
Re: A short review of MCL34N's finished ASM suit by El Fett

This really is a thing of beauty and it's nice to see that after the hundreds of hours of man hours that MCL34N put in to to the suit it is being really well received. I'd love to own one of these but considering my body shape I'd do the suit a grave injustice just by putting it on.

Contgrats to the owner and the creator.

That suit is absolutely "amazing". If I could swing the bling I would be all over that but just wow I can't get over the quality! Wear it proudly, its a piece of art!

A fantastic costume by a true artist, and a wounderful tribute the MCL34Ns awsome talents!! :)

Amazing!
Great detail and props to the creater and its owner. Nice to see someone giving credit where its due and still showcasing it proudly.

So I had a couple of different people ask me about the shoes so here it goes:

So you start with ASICS GEL DIRT-DOG 3
IMAG1359.jpg

You cut up the top portion and basically strip and gut the shoe down the bone like so:

IMAG1362.jpg

One thing to keep in mind is that once you strip out all the cushion, the shoe is way bigger than you would expect so I'd recommend to go a couple of sizes smaller. I used Redtogusas tip and went used scuba socks inside the suit to fill in the space a little better.

Then you paint and weather to your liking:

IMAG1366.jpg

I used a heat activated vinyl repair kit for the colors and a clear coat sealer and a flexible contact cement to attach the suit to the sole. I did all the edges with a medium thick hobby "crazy-glue" type and an accelerator.

IMAG1378.jpg

Finally, you step out the window and swing away!! (joking)

photo.jpg

So that's it. Hope that helps!

IMAG1469.jpg

And a big thanks to Redtogusas who actually showed me this method for the shoes.

Amazing review. It's good to see the end user (El Fett) spreading the good word on both the quality of MCL34N's work, and the experience dealing with him. Great work, both of you.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back