Avengers: Age of Ultron (Pre-release)

Guess that means any other potential IM flicks are separate deals.

If Avengers 2 is 2015, 3 would be around 2018. Long time there.

I doubt there'll be any solo IM movies for a long while. They'll probably end up recasting Stark after A3, unless RDJ still has it in him to do IM4 after A3. I really don't see him sticking around as Stark beyond that due to his age and career interests.

The bright side is that having no solo IM movie leaves Marvel's film slate wider open for new entries like GotG, Ant Man, and if the pre-SDCC rumors are true, Dr. Strange. Between Dr. Strange, Black Panther, and Ms. Marvel, there's plenty of franchises Marvel can pursue to replace Iron Man in Phase 3 and beyond.

I actually doubt A3 would be in 2018. I would think that after the avengers 2 they will back off doing all the solo films inbetween. Maybe go straight in for A3 after A2. The big time gaps would mean most of the actors aging quite a bit between films. Especially since marvel have got multiple other stories in the works. I do think they may and wrap Avengers before all the cast get too old. Then they can always do a new vision years later. Not necessarily a reboot but a separate story. This universe is so massive. Nothing as ben like it before. But the time scale becomes massive. And Im sure they care enough to not want it to fizzle out.

J

Atm dont really want any new names added. All i would like for now is to know if chris hemsworth is returning. Im glad that RDJ is returning but i honestly want them all to return (especially Thor and cap).

I'm glad that RDJ is coming back, but I hope he's just playing Stark as a "consultant". If they really need an Iron Man character in the ranks, they should have Stark build Pepper the Rescue suit. This would kill two birds with one stone: There's an Iron Man in the film, plus another female member on the team.

I'm glad that RDJ is coming back, but I hope he's just playing Stark as a "consultant". If they really need an Iron Man character in the ranks, they should have Stark build Pepper the Rescue suit. This would kill two birds with one stone: There's an Iron Man in the film, plus another female member on the team.

I for one will boycot this film if they take out the most loved character. Well my most loved but I remember watching the announcement footage of the con and RDJ got the best reception if I remember right. Theres a reson hes best paid lol. I dont even think id agree with the story. I dont see how his character would accept that. If anything I think more believable would be if they kicked him out then he'd just walk and take his suit with him. Admittedly though you make a point coinciding with the end of IM3. Guess weel see. I doubt id enjoy him just being a consultant for the next 2 films.

J

Edit.
Id also hate pepper as iron woman or whatever. I didnt like her acting at the end of 3. Found it hard to believe. Not like black widow. If Tony hung it up id prefer jarvis. Or only Rhodes

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I for one will boycot this film if they take out the most loved character. Well my most loved but I remember watching the announcement footage of the con and RDJ got the best reception if I remember right. Theres a reson hes best paid lol. I dont even think id agree with the story. I dont see how his character would accept that. If anything I think more believable would be if they kicked him out then he'd just walk and take his suit with him. Admittedly though you make a point coinciding with the end of IM3. Guess weel see. I doubt id enjoy him just being a consultant for the next 2 films.

J

Edit.
Id also hate pepper as iron woman or whatever. I didnt like her acting at the end of 3. Found it hard to believe. Not like black widow. If Tony hung it up id prefer jarvis. Or only Rhodes

I know that everyone LOVES RDJ, but I feel Marvel needs to slowly phase him out. With the Marvel Studios Universe getting bigger and bigger, they need to make room for the "secondary" characters to breathe and shine.

For example (and I've stated this in previous Marvel-related threads)... Downey was still the big draw for The Avengers, and because of the focus on Tony Stark, I felt that Cap (for the most part) got shafted in the film. So for The Avengers 2, not only are we most likely going to have Cap (unless he "dies"), Thor, Stark, Banner/Hulk, and possibly Black Widow and Hawkeye, but also guys from Guardians of the Galaxy, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, as well as a chance that the Winter Soldier and the Falcon might show up.

And then other characters will have to take a back seat for The Avengers 3 when Ant-Man (and maybe Doctor Strange or Black Panther) are introduced. Honestly, a consultant role is the only logical thing for Stark/RDJ to be doing.

I beleive they've already come out and said that no one from gotg will be in avengers 2, and it's entirely possible that Quicksilve and Scarlett witch arent on the avengers at all. They started as villains and that could be how they are intro'd into the movie universe as well.

I know that everyone LOVES RDJ, but I feel Marvel needs to slowly phase him out. With the Marvel Studios Universe getting bigger and bigger, they need to make room for the "secondary" characters to breathe and shine.

For example (and I've stated this in previous Marvel-related threads)... Downey was still the big draw for The Avengers, and because of the focus on Tony Stark, I felt that Cap (for the most part) got shafted in the film. So for The Avengers 2, not only are we most likely going to have Cap (unless he "dies"), Thor, Stark, Banner/Hulk, and possibly Black Widow and Hawkeye, but also guys from Guardians of the Galaxy, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, as well as a chance that the Winter Soldier and the Falcon might show up.

And then other characters will have to take a back seat for The Avengers 3 when Ant-Man (and maybe Doctor Strange or Black Panther) are introduced. Honestly, a consultant role is the only logical thing for Stark/RDJ to be doing.

What he said^^^^^^^ plus...

I dont think getting rid of the sole most loved character would make enough room for ALL those characters. Id see it as illogical. As his character just wouldnt do it. However they may change his personality which would change his behaviour. I hope they dont.

Honestly I thought cap did extremely well in the film. I never got it with cap. I mean. I get hes the leader cos hes always good an all. But I didnt get why he was anyones favourite. I perhaps naively thought (and quite wrongly) that it was a patriotic thing with Americans when I was younger. I always thought of his sales as a bit propaganda for his time. The guy punched hitler in the face and was dressed in the flag more or less. Id be interested to see who had him as a favourite outside the US. Im now sure theyd still be lots as his qualities as being in the little guys shoes gives him some credit. He understands how we've all felt at some time. But theyve all got issues.

I just never liked the whole purity thing. I like my heros to be a bit messed up. And to make mistakes like the rest of us. I prefer peter parker as the little guy hero. Cos he got the power and abused it like I think anyone would. And learned his lesson doing it. I actually think the Story goes well with Caps death/disappear thing. cos its ironic the guys mister perfect and gets the sucker punch.

I actually thought he was a bit outmatched in the Avengers with the rest. But they managed it well to keep him involved. But in all honesty Thors gotta be the hardist (including the hammer) lol.

My Cap schoolin isnt that good so could be wayyyyy of. And probably am

J

It's hard to keep adding new team members without eventually phasing people out... otherwise you run into one of the problems with Batman and Robin, which is just too many "main characters". You end up with either no character development because there are so many or you get one character being the focus (right now it's RDJ) and everyone else just feels like background.

I never read much Avengers when I was a kid, but in the few that I did everyone that was involved with that particular story line was on pretty equal footing. There may have been a slight Cap since he's sorta the unofficial leader (they sort of give a nod to this in Avengers when Iron Man has Cap set up the strategy for dealing with the Chitauri invasion force). If anyone else was cast as Iron Man, it would probably be less of an issue, but RDJ just encapsulates the character so perfectly he eclipses everyone else (intentionally or unintentionally). It's almost the same thing with Hugh Jackman and Wolverine. Almost all the X movies feel like Wolverine and Friends.

I'm interested to see how the next movie plays out.

RDJ's screen presence could be used most effectively if Marvel has Stark take over as the Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.

IMO the future success of the franchise depends more on the directing than the casting.
Joss Whedon understands the ensemble cast like no other action director today - the fact that he knows comics makes him singularly unique. I think The Avengers was a nearly impossible film to make and nobody else could have pulled it off as well as he did.
I will rue the day should they lose Joss.

The sequel is titled AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON. Joss Whedon was on stage.

EricVespe: Joss Whedon was just introduced.

EricVespe: "I don't really have anything to say. I have one thing to add..." Joss Whedon... lights go down...

devincf: AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON. 2015. I literally yelled out loud when they showed Ultron's head. #SDCC

EricVespe: Holy ****! Teaser trailer for Avengers 2: Age of Ultron caused the girls behind me to scream so loud I think they popped my eardrum

eruditechick: AVENGERS AGE OF ULTRON announced, most noise I've heard in this hall all con.

empiremagazine: The Avengers 2 - sorry, Avengers: Age Of Ultron - teaser shows Ultron himself, whose red eyes beam out before the logo hits. #ComicCon

Last edited:
empiremagazine: Also had a chat with Kevin Feige about Avengers: Age Of Ultron. The title is 'borrowed' from the comic, but bears no relation to that arc.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back