Avengers: Age of Ultron (Pre-release)

Joss's secret plan...
avg3.jpg

"Death, death, and more death"?! Oh noes, and here I was hoping that Phil would someone still come back.

Can't wait for more details to come out.

"Death, death & more death!"... Mistress Death more likely. Thanos did grin when the name was mentioned at the end of part 1.

"Hold onto your butts" I hope Fury uses this line with a cig hanging from his lip in front of a computer

No No No No No!!!!! The Vision was copied from one of my favorite Marvel characters Simon Williams - aka WONDER-MAN - Leave all that alone.

Now - seeing how Wonder-man was only given his powers in the beginning to take down the Avengers - this could be a cool story. What if they desperately needed muscle and during recruitment they brought in Simon Williams overlooking his past - he turns on the Avengers and takes them down only in the end Simon sacrifices himself to save them - same story as presented in Avengers 8. They used Simon to create the Vision after this - (following the comics) and Brother Voo-Doo finally brings back Simon from the dead much later.

I just want Wonder-Man in the movies - or Captain Universe!

Last edited:
Joss Whedon Talks Lack of Female Superheroes and Robert Downey Jr. in AVENGERS 2 | Collider
There is enough confirmation that RDJ is back for Avengers 2, but the same isn't true for the next Iron Man films which likely won't happen for another 4 years or so, which I am fine with even though I enjoyed Iron Man 3.

Whedon for years has been writing strong and compelling female characters and thanks to him we will likely see that continue in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Im not really waiting for any Iron man movies but would be more then happy if he would remain for te avengers tho. Would prefer if they would make others like black panther and even give marc his own hulk movie.

Joss Whedon Talks Lack of Female Superheroes and Robert Downey Jr. in AVENGERS 2 | Collider
There is enough confirmation that RDJ is back for Avengers 2, but the same isn't true for the next Iron Man films which likely won't happen for another 4 years or so, which I am fine with even though I enjoyed Iron Man 3.

Whedon for years has been writing strong and compelling female characters and thanks to him we will likely see that continue in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

They need to give a female super hero her own movie.

You can have all the female super heroes in a movie doing cool stuff, but if they're going to be treated as side characters from which the story is not about them, you're not making a convincing argument that women can be super heroes either. Even though Natasha had a nice subplot in The Avengers that totally squashed her "I'm just here to kicka**" role in Iron Man 2, she still felt way out of place when teamed up with individuals who have literal superpowers and all she has is a pair of pistols. Even with Pepper Potts' increased role in Iron Man 3, she still doesn't really do much and every time she does do something heroic, it's usually thanks to the direct action by both Tony and Killian. Tony wills his suit onto Pepper and Killian injects her with the super fire person thing. She does some heroic stuff, but never on her own initiative. The women in X-Men are only part of a team who are basically lead by guys, Fantastic Four has invisible woman who is the wife to, ya, the male leader of the team. Even Wasp is destined to be reduced to nothing but a support character since I highly doubt Antman will be about her and her character growth.

Oh, please Joss Whedon. Grant me three wishes.

Ms. Marvel makes the most sense if Whedon wants a legit female presence, I'm sure he's given that some thought. While her alien origin is a challenge, the fact that we're going out to MCU space in late 2014 with GotG leaves the door wide open. Not 100% sure if Fox owns the rights to the Kree, if it's a shared thing like with Quicksilver then a solo origin film for Ms. Marvel is the best way to introduce a strong female team member into the Avengers.

Scarlet Witch may make for interesting action sequences in A2 and some funny brother-sister moments with Whedon penning, but she's certainly only a mild upgrade over BW and SW sounds like she's going to be coming off the bench rather than being a key team member.

Exclusive: Joss Whedon Confirms There'll Be No Loki In Avengers 2 | Movie News | Empire
Interesting, cause I imagined he would at least make an appearance in it; but it's good that they won't repeat things. Perhaps his absence will become more clear once we see his role in Thor: The Dark World.

I wouldn't be surprised if they mention him or have a tiny cameo of some sort. I can understand that they would want to move on and not repeat, like you said though.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad to see RDJ has been confirmed for Avengers 2. Some of my buddies were getting worried and one commented that they could technically (not ideally) pull off the movie with only Iron Man's suit and not need RDJ's face. He says some of the most bizarre things about films. :lol

In The Avengers, when pepper Potts is talking to Coulson and inquires about a cello player he had been seeing ..... has that even been confirmed as a reference to Scarlet Witch? Can anyone confirm if Scarlet Witch plays the cello? I've read that it was rumored to be a reference to the Scarlet Witch, but never seen any confirmation.
Whedon has since confirmed that Scarlet Witch is indeed a character in Avengers 2, but does the idea of Coulson returning as Vision have any merit or not?

Perhaps something will happen to Loki in Thor 2 which is out way before Avengers 2 will even start shooting? Or they simply don't want to overuse the character, I personally want to see something different

In The Avengers, when pepper Potts is talking to Coulson and inquires about a cello player he had been seeing ..... has that even been confirmed as a reference to Scarlet Witch? Can anyone confirm if Scarlet Witch plays the cello? I've read that it was rumored to be a reference to the Scarlet Witch, but never seen any confirmation.
Whedon has since confirmed that Scarlet Witch is indeed a character in Avengers 2, but does the idea of Coulson returning as Vision have any merit or not?

Coulson is returning as Coulson in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., so I doubt you'll see anything regarding Vision... And casting rumors for Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver have the siblings as younger, so I doubt we'll see Coulson dating her

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back