Avengers: Age of Ultron (Pre-release)

Doesn't Whedon still want to do Wonder Woman?

Whedon said that when he worked on the script, there wasn't much enthusiasm from anyone that was invovled. Seeing what he had to say about it, I can kind of see why.

"Ultimately her romance with Steve was about him getting her to see what it’s like not to be a goddess, what it’s like when you are weak, when you do have all these forces controlling you and there’s nothing you can do about it. That was the sort of central concept of the thing. Him teaching her humanity and her saying, okay, great, but we can still do better."

On paper, this kind of story can lead to many understandable assumptions. I wouldn't be surprised that someone would think Wonder Woman, the most iconic female comic book hero was portrayed as inferior to Steve and relying on him to make her complete. But from what I would assume Whedon wanted to do was make this more of a two way thing. You know, like he would teach her about how his world works, and she would show the whole world on how she will do whatever it takes to make sure everyone is safe. Not because of Steve, but because she wants to help on her own accord without falling under the delusional that woman should demean men in order to be strong.

But as of now, I'm scared of Wonder Woman. I read three issues of her new 52 book and all I can say is that I hate the direction DC wants her to go in. She's pompous, arrogant and doesn't take life and death situations seriously. What's worse is that the writers thought it would be a good idea to mock her original origin story by making it a lie, and coming up with something entirely stupid. Well, going from one origin where Diana came to be because of her mother's longing for a child and instead go to her coming to being because her mother craved Zues' godly manhood. Seriously, when her mother tells Diana that she didn't come from her love for a child but instead because of an affair with a god, she spends four whole pages describing in detail how awesome the sex was. It's not until Diana starts to walk away that her mother brings how much she cared for Diana into the discussion. Oh, did you know that an Amazon being the daughter of Zeus was actually Wonder Girl's origin story? Yep. That's how you treat an icon. Give her the sidekick's origin story. If Warner Bros. was to make a Wonder Woman movie, they'll most likely go this route. Darn shame.

If you've ever been to scans-daily, check out the posts with the tag "When Wonder Woman was awesome". There are some very good Wonder Woman stories there.

It's a shame Marvel is pushing the Cosmic stuff. It didn't work for the Fantastic Four, it didn't work for Green Lantern. Keep it earth based with earthly problems. The aliens in the Avengers seemed like an afterthought, and nobody questioned them when they did appear.

The Guardians of the Galaxy, with a talking tree and Raccoon is more kiddy fare than the Avengers was. Ah well, maybe, by that point, DC will has something better going on.

It's a shame Marvel is pushing the Cosmic stuff. It didn't work for the Fantastic Four, it didn't work for Green Lantern. Keep it earth based with earthly problems.

Thor didn't have Earth being the planet in danger. I seem to remember that movie doing a-ok. And the Avengers has an interesting twist in that the goal of the bad guys wasn't even about conquering Earth, and that made a lot of sense. Heck, one of the biggest franchises out there, Star Wars, doesn't even have an Earth to worry about. This whole "Earth must be the center of the universe and humanity the most special and unique species in all of existence" is a bunch of crap.

Also, I don't think Fantastic Four or Green Lantern were failures because they went into outer space and introduced a whole new universe of characters. That's like blaming Catwoman and Electra for being bad movies simply because it had women in the lead role.

What women could the lead draw a full movie outside of Wonder Woman? Black Canary, Bawoman, Huntress? I can't think of too many female characters with a large dedicated fanbase that haven't been showcased yet. As bad as Catwoam/Elektra were, I didn't mention them because they got films.

That being said, I think Wonder Woman deserves a full film more than Ant Man.

Back to topic, new theory out there that Marvel may have accidentally slipped that the sequel is coming out May 2015.
THE AVENGERS 2 Expected Release Date Revealed?

If this is true, I don't think Marvel will release 3 films in 2014 (3rd film rumored to be Ant Man), just not enough bandwidth at that studio to do 3 films and a team-up movie for summer start the following year. Marvel would do better to hold off on A2 until late summer, and do another solo film in May 2015 to introduce another new team member in addition to Ant Man. My vote is for Ms. Marvel, team needs another female member.

Back to topic, new theory out there that Marvel may have accidentally slipped that the sequel is coming out May 2015.
THE AVENGERS 2 Expected Release Date Revealed?

If this is true, I don't think Marvel will release 3 films in 2014 (3rd film rumored to be Ant Man), just not enough bandwidth at that studio to do 3 films and a team-up movie for summer start the following year. Marvel would do better to hold off on A2 until late summer, and do another solo film in May 2015 to introduce another new team member in addition to Ant Man. My vote is for Ms. Marvel, team needs another female member.
thing is, they need all the firepower they can get for thanos. otherwise it would just upset all comic fans, if thanos was beaten by just the basic avengers.

thing is, they need all the firepower they can get for thanos. otherwise it would just upset all comic fans, if thanos was beaten by just the basic avengers.

That's assuming Thanos is the villain for A2. Whedon stated when doing the press rounds for Avengers that he wants a more low-key event for the sequel. I'm sure Marvel and perhaps Disney have a bigger say in that matter, so at this point unless we have coffee with Fiege or Whedon on a regular basis, it's just pure speculation.

I personally prefer a more earthly villain like Ultron for A2, and then building it up towards a massive team-up with several new members for A3 against Thanos or Kang.

Whedon stated when doing the press rounds for Avengers that he wants a more low-key event for the sequel. I'm sure Marvel and perhaps Disney have a bigger say in that matter

Worked wonders when the higher ups demanded that Venom, the sand guy AND Green Goblin 2 all made an appearance in Spiderman 3. I say don't use all your resources in one place.

Perhaps they'll use the solo films to establish new villains for a divide and conquer scenario in AV2. Loki wrangles up Winter Soldier, Mandarin, etc. to create some "Dark Avengers." That provides a collection of small scale problems, whilst also jeopardizing the planet.

Does Vin have the range needed to play a robot?

MV5BMjE2NDc4MzY1NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDcxNjgxMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR2,0,214,317_.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back