Avengers: Age of Ultron (Pre-release)

Wasn't Nova with the Guardians back in the day?

I never did follow that comic but when I was a kid one or two odd issues popped up in my collection.

Wasn't Nova with the Guardians back in the day?

I never did follow that comic but when I was a kid one or two odd issues popped up in my collection.

Yes, and I think that he will be a part of the movie also. I just don't think they wanted to make a solo Nova movie, as it is very close to the Green Lantern story. And that didn't do well. Personally, I would have preferred a solo Nova movie. I don't care much for the cast of characters that consist of the GoG short of Adam Warlock (as long as he isn't his reimagined EMO self from the newer GoG. I like the original, Infinity Gauntlet Warlock).

:lol:lol:lol

Seriously....am i the only one who thinks Ant-Man is a lame character? "quake while i become small in front of you!" Almost as bad as DC's The Flash......what possible use is running fast?

Rich

He may get tiny but he's still just as strong as he is when he's fully grown plus he can also grow really big and control swarms of ants.

Seriously? Flash can beat up people before they even know he's there not to mention vibrate his molecules through solid objects including people, or he could just shake you so that your insides became jelly.

Yes, and I think that he will be a part of the movie also. I just don't think they wanted to make a solo Nova movie, as it is very close to the Green Lantern story. And that didn't do well. Personally, I would have preferred a solo Nova movie. I don't care much for the cast of characters that consist of the GoG short of Adam Warlock (as long as he isn't his reimagined EMO self from the newer GoG. I like the original, Infinity Gauntlet Warlock).

The only similarity i can think of between Nova and GL is that they are both space cops, I hope they put Nova in the GoG movie i think that's his best bet to get a solo film.

I'm a little worried that Marvel is going to start giving us the bottom of the barrel movies. I just don't see Guardians or Ant Man being that great. I hope I'm wrong.

Guardians has the potential to be awesome. That is one awesome Raccoon. His attitude makes him a must have character.

Ant man on the other hand...meh. Although I am looking forward to seeing his size-Fu in action.

Guardians has the potential to be awesome. That is one awesome Raccoon. His attitude makes him a must have character.

Ant man on the other hand...meh. Although I am looking forward to seeing his size-Fu in action.

Edgar Wright is directing it though and i'm a huge fan of his movies, so if he's working on Ant-man i can give it a shot.

Joss Whedon will return for The Avengers sequel

Niiiice!

Just read this over on /film.com

It was just announced on the Walt Disney Investors Conference Call that Joss Whedon will return for The Avengers sequel. Whedon is signed to both write and direct the upcoming sequel. Disney confirmed that Whedon is also involved in the development of the previously-rumored long-lead ABC live-action television series which will be set inside the Marvel cinematic universe.

Whedon had previously said that he was “very torn” about coming back:

“It’s an enormous amount of work telling what is ultimately somebody else’s story, even though I feel like I did get to put myself into it. But at the same time, I have a bunch of ideas, and they all seem really cool.”

Marvel is notoriously cheap when it comes to contracts, so some fans were worried that a deal wouldn’t be made. I think everyone will be excited that Whedon is back for the next one. If I were Kevin Feige I would secure Whedon to a long term contract as an executive producer, overseeing the marvel universe on a Pixar braintrust-level. The Avengers is being tentatively planned for a Summer 2015 release, although Disney and Marvel have not formally announced a date. If that is still the plan, expect filming to begin in early 2014 (April is my bet).

We have no more details about the series, but fans have speculated that it will probably center around SHIELD and possibly introduce third/fourth tier Marvel superheros to the masses.

Re: Joss Whedon will return for The Avengers sequel

As a longtime Whedon fan, I couldn't be happier that he's finally getting the recognition he deserves.

Firefly is still canceled, and there are still no plans for a female centric super hero movie.

I'm betting the money and prestige he's gotten for making the 3rd highest grossing movie ever removes a lot of the barriers to the latter. The former is likely to be the case forever, alas.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back