1966 Batman

rickrickrick

Sr Member
Okay, I'll jump in and embarrass myself here. I don't think of this as a show-off thread, so much as a sharing thread.

Here's my 1966 TV show Batman, which I put together in October 2011. The cowl was made by a gentlemen named Will Reeb. I made the cape and briefs from patterns by the RPF's own clayslinger, who also made the chest emblem. I custom dyed the tights, which were sourced from a custom dancewear manufacturer. I patterned and made the gloves. The utility belt is by an Argentinian craftsman. The boots started out as those cheap black synthetic costume boots (you know the ones!), which I cut to the proper silhouette, and painted using Angelus leather paint. I'm guessing there's nearly $1K in materials invested in this outfit, and maybe a week's worth of work.

It's fun to wear in public, and always gets a good response. I know I don't look anything like Adam West, but that doesn't matter to me. I finally get to be the Batman I wanted to be when I was eight years old! :lol

RRR

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind comments! The RPF can be kind of intimidating, with all the incredibly talented people on here sculpting, and fibreglassing, and vacuum metalizing, and so on. It's rewarding to do something a bit more humble well, too.

RRR

Thanks, it is a great deal of fun to go out in. It's amazing that, 45 years later, people still respond enthusiastically to this costume. People recognize this as the fun Batman.

No, I did not do a WIP or build thread. I did not make the cowl or belt, so it really wouldn't have been very interesting.

RRR

you should make a big bomb to run around with
batman-bomb.gif

Holy clone, Batman! If I had seen these without attribution I'd have assumed they were period photos of West in costume. Very well done.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back