Millennium Falcon cockpit & gunner turret ref. needed please

Hi !

Building a huge Millennium Falcon model from scratch, I first have made a 3D model of it for my blueprints purposes and more specifically cockpit & gunner turret. This 3d model is the result of several month of pleasure but it still needs some more work to make it better.
As you can see in the gunner turret (pictures below), I need references for the left & right lower panels. So if you can help me with some picture references, that would be very very appreciated.

Thanks a lot

14856-sans-titre-1-copie.jpg

14845-sans-titre-1.gif

Last edited:
Thank you SofaKing. I just started working on it, building the structure of the cockpit & console. I would like to enlight it, just like in the movie, so if you know were I can find optical fiber, I would be able to proceed ;)

Here is the central console I have made so far. If somes of you have pictures showing it, that would be great ! I did the best I could, using screencaps, but it needs more work to satisfy me.

(Work in progress...)
15429-central-console.gif

Last edited:
Hey David,

Looks like you did a lot of good work on the details there. I'm sorry we didn't stay in touch from over a year ago. The details you've added to that old basic sketchup model I had uploaded to the warehouse look great. You really nailed the ESB greebles.

I'm attaching the production blueprints I found for the turret. There are one or two things they changed on the final set, but the basic shape is the same. From your model, it seems like you didn't taper the walls? That's a big detail, a definite must for the level of accuracy you're putting in. The plans below should also help with the window frame as well. (sorry it's so low resolution)

Good luck, and I can't wait to see your real-life build of the scale model.

6169916998_78fd4a9ae8_b.jpg

Oh, one more thing. If you're still working from that old model of mine, the depth of the cockpit is going to be too short for an ESB cockpit. I made this diagram and posted it on my cockpit thread a while ago, I hope it helps.

Note that the ANH cockpit is the top image, and the ESB cockpit is the bottom plans.

6238621108_9ccd132f8c_b.jpg

Thank you Steve,

You are right concerning the walls of the turret, I didn't taper the walls. Personal aesthetical reasons only.

Last edited:
Hi Sofaking01 !

I have no deadline to begin the building of this model. The very first step is to finish the 3D "blueprints" of cockpit & turrets. I really want them to be highly detailed to make the best cockpit & turrets models possible.
I also want to enlight them, so if some RPFers have knowledge about electronical circuits for LEDs, that would be very very helpful and much much faster than creating electronical circuit diagram by myself. Thank you for your help...

Best regards

Last edited:
Thank you Steve for the information concerning the size difference between ANH vs ESB cockpits. That is something I didn't know :facepalm. Have to go back working on it ! ! ! :behave

Hi Sofaking01 !

...I also want to enlight them, so if somes of RPFers have knowledge about electronical circuits for LEDs, that would be very very helpful and much much faster than creating electronical circuit diagram by myself. Thank you for your help...

Best regards

You and I are in the same boat! I'm building a full scale replica of the MF cockpit and I know NOTHING about LEDs and lighting... I attempted to use Christmas tree lights with various settings and that worked but it was nowhere where I wanted to be in terms of screen accuracy.

I've got a buddy who's going to help me when I reach that point...

I'm standing by... I'm looking forward to this build! :)

Wow...1/18...seriously? That's going to be absolutely huge; I don't think I've heard of anyone else yet building an accurate Falcon model bigger than the ILM original. Astounding! There's a nice 1/18 Vader TIE from Lasse, but the Falcon...cor! :lol

I don't think that the problem is coming from the size of the model but mostly from the fact that it is hard to maintain the same level of motivation during several months... or years...

That wouldn't be 1/18, then - it's only slightly bigger than the studio-scale model in fact - way closer to 1/24. Several folk in the SS section are working towards studio-scale replicas of the five-footer, care to join us? :)

Yup, years for sure in my case at any rate! :lol

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back