K.I.T.T. From Knight Rider Season 3/4

Temp power board done.

p7114610.jpg

Mike

wow, yeah.... fantastic job. I've built two cars in my time so far... but nothing like this. I'm curious of the time frame for all of this.

Nice to see you purchased all of your fiberglass parts from the two BIGGEST Knight Rider recasters on the planet.:unsure

Paint looks pretty good seeing at it was spray cans. Did you clear coat it too or just the gloss black?

Do you plan on putting real electronics is it at some point. The temporary ones work in a pinch but the functional ones are just cool! Just be careful who you get those from.

I would also seriously consider you having your gullwing checked for safety. Knightridershop makes very cheap and flimsey wheels that are far from safe. We know a guy who's wheel broke while turning. Poorly made and the steering column adapter wasn't even mounted correctly. Bolted through the horn hole. Very very bad! Be safe!

Hi,

Not sure about re-casters, as I was there while he was Designing and shaping the Dash, Nose, Lower Console and Switch Pods.

No Clear coat, just the gloss.

Yes I am in the process of designing and manufacturing the electronics.

The Gullwing, is of top notch design, Solid Resin with Steel molded inserts for mounting.

Well, thats good to know he imroved his steering wheel. I know he was sued and had to go to court for some of his stuff.

By the way, not sure how I missed it, but your Grappling hook, smoke and oil slick is awesome. Something you may want to try as I experimented with this on my KITT, is to attach the small heads off of a garde sprinkler to your oil slick ends. This will give you 3 or 4 wide spread streams out of each of your tips.

Keep up the good work. KITT is moving right along.

Cool,

Well to widen the stream I used copper brake pipe and flattened the end to nearly sealed and that gave me quite a wide spread.

Thank you

Mike

Outstanding. Love the idea of a "budget" 1:1 REAL car prop replica!

Doesn't even sound right...

But looks great!

Is the buff-coloured paint that excellent filler-primer stuff? I'm not sure how the world survives without that.

nice effort , i did one of these several years back when i worked at a bodyshop red firebird to gloss black , it had most of the kitt stuff

have you looked at car audio carpet ..its easy to stretch around shapes etc ? might be a idea

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back