Foam Suppliers?

BobbyS95

I'm going to be starting a foam Iron Man build within the next few weeks, and was just wondering where other builders in the US get there foam, and what brand they use.

best step anti fatigue floor mats. come in 1/2 and 1/4. you can get at walmart, target and most bigbox stores. cost around $20. they are made in cali and what almost everyone in north america uses for foam builds. you can also find plastizote online, i dont think there are physical suppliers.
sorry but there are a lot of viewers on here. not many posters. ill try to help where i can.

Having a hard time finding foam at local stores, and I really don't want to order it, so it got me thinking.

Could an Iron Man suit be completly made out of foamies? Not actually going to do it, but was wondering what would happen.

You can build in foamies but something would be needed to support them to hold their shape.

You can get the best step foam at sears for 19.99. Go to their website and check if your local sears has them in stock. You can order online and pick up in store the same day.

I'm in New Jersey, and I was talking about foamies as in craft foam

Craft foam is too thin and not sturdy enough for a full foam armor build.

You can pick up EVA mats as rolls at your local Pep Boy, Autozone, even SEARS carries them

For foamies (for general use in small areas of the costume), you can pick them up at your local craft store (JoAnns, Hobby Lobby, Michaels, etc)

actually craft foam is awesome. it ma be thin, but it is sturdy. and if you think its too thin you can always use contact cement to add another layer. ive already built a few things from it and they are still working. look for my kid ironman thread.
the helmet can be crushed, but it goes right back to its shape. 2 layers thick and is more flexible and weighs less then the 1/4 foam

Can't remember if I found this site from reading someone's forum post, or just trolling Google. This is a U.S. supplier (since all suppliers of Plastizote I've seen are overseas).

Foam Factory Polyethylene Foam Roll

Seems to be a similar density to Plastizote foam (2lb or 4lb), comes in black or white, thicknesses from 1/8" up to 1/2", and can be ordered in varying length rolls (rolls are 60" wide).

I'm planning on ordering some to try it out. It's relatively cheap at about $4-$5/5 sq. ft.

i got my foam at kmart in the auto section also in sports area like the weight area, they soaked in the tacky glu well and primed and painted well, they are 3/8 thick and very smooth textured a couple of small bubbles though hope this helped

kmart still around? they closed all of them in canada over 20 years ago. wow.
but most department and box stores should have this stuff somewhere.

i went shopping around and got it all for about the same price... was about 10 at HF for a pack of 4, 15 and change at sears for a pack of 6, and 20 at BJ's for a 8 pack

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back