Knight Rider K.I.T.T. Poster

staermose

Sr Member
I'm currently working on a drawing of the '89 Batmobile. But I'm stuck on finding more reference material on my own.
The part that is the most trouble right now is the side mechanics found on both sides of the car.

First is a pirc of how far I'm with drawing this part.
Secondly a pic where I have highlighted the parts I could use better reference matrial on.
This is the best pic I have of these parts, and I can't make out the little details.

I hope some of you guys can help.

sidemechanics-2.jpg

Needreference.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Last edited:
Re: Batmobile '89 reference?

Munson actually took some great video footage of that exact spot on the screen used ride.

Reference Footage of A Screen Used Keaton Batmobile - ROTMM ep 12 - YouTube

Hope it helps, looking forward to seeing the rest of this project!

Perfect, that's all I need. I knew I could count on the kind people in here!

Follow up question.
Are the two small antennaes on top of the car original parts from the movie? Or added later. I can't see them in my reference material, but that don't mean that they aren't correct.

Re: Batmobile '89 reference?

There are still pieces missing, and things that needs to be changed, but I think I'm getting closer.

sidemechanics-3.jpg

Re: BTTF reference?

The '89 Batmobile is finished.
Batmobile-89-poster-test-3.jpg

Thanks to all who helped with reference!

----

I've started drawing a new car. And just to make it as well as I can I'm looking for good reference.
And is there any forums dedicated to either Delorean Time Machines or perhaps just the BTTF movies in general?

I know it's a very small start ;)
More pics will follow as the artwork progress.
delorean-motor-company-logo.jpg

the actual bttf forums are pretty slow ..ive had some help and links on here

trouble is the cars vary a fair bit switching from hero cars back to stunt cars or whatever , then universal studios patched up certain parts for display

My idea was to first draw the hero version from the first movie. And When I was satisfied with that, I would use it as a base to do 4 other versions.

1. 1985 with plutonium core
2. 1955 with lightning hook
3. 2015 with Mr. Fusion
4. 1955 with 1955 tires and "new" "micro" chip
5. 1955 with railroad wheels

Anybody know any good sites with BTTF delorean pics?
I've found some on google, but I could really need some good close up shots of th eparts on the left side of the car, and on the back.
I still don't know enough about this car to name the specific items that I'm looking. So for now it'll mostly be something like "That thing close to the other thing on top og the weird looking thing".

... I could really use a good guide to the things on the DeLorean.

Anybody know any good sites with BTTF delorean pics?
I've found some on google, but I could really need some good close up shots of th eparts on the left side of the car, and on the back.
I still don't know enough about this car to name the specific items that I'm looking. So for now it'll mostly be something like "That thing close to the other thing on top og the weird looking thing".

... I could really use a good guide to the things on the DeLorean.

Try here:
DeLorean Club (UK) | View forum - Building a Time Machine ? - "Why not do it with some style !" | The De Lorean EuroTec forum for owners and enthusiasts of DeLoreans everywhere

You might have to register though!

Looks great so far!!

Thanks!

-----------

I asked if somebody could direct me somewhere where I might learn more about the time machine. And specifically I asked to learn the names of the various thingys that are added to the standard DeLorean to make it capable of time travel.

I was told where to look, and form there I got even more information.

Today I found out that this is a Flux Box.

Flux-box.jpg

Thanks for the help guys. It's really great to come here and find the help of kind strangers!

I asked if somebody could direct me somewhere where I might learn more about the time machine. ...

Today I found out that this is a Flux Box. ...

By the way: can anyone help me with the exact dimensions of the time circuits box? I would like to build a cheap but accurate replica out of thick cardboard - with decals on the whole surface and transparent film sheets for the time displays (if you put a light into the box, the film sheets should look like real displays).

Does anybody know what this board is called?
I iknow the others are the Pit Bull, Mattel, No Tech and Rising sun. But I couldn't find a name for this one anywhere.

Enimga-Board-top.jpg
Enimga-Board-bottom.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Does anybody know what this hoverboard is called?

This board is know as "Odd Man Out" board. Some people also call it the "Question Mark" board. I prefer "Odd Man Out".

Yesterday I had a client ask if I would make a KITT from Knight Rider poster. My first response was that, as much as I like the Pontiac Trans Am from Knight rider, I'm not sure how well it will translate to a poster. Basically it's all black. Even more so than the '89 Batmobile. And view from the side won't have the iconic red scanner. I'm not saying that i will never do it, but it isn't something planned for the near future.

But the thought kept with me. And today in claas while watching a video on innovation, there was a segment that used the theme music from the show.

While traveling home I had this Idea for a KITT poster, what do you guys think?
Could it work, or should I take a different approach?

KITT-rough.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back