Help to ID long suit - Loki Avengers

adam010289

I love this suit. Can anyone ID this suit?

Probably one of my favourite scenes too.

7492349090_9a25d8cbd9_b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adam010289/7492349090/sizes/l/in/photostream/

Since no one else seems willing to bite on this one and I happen to have a bizarre fondness for menswear, I'll try to help out. If you're looking for a particular brand, I can't help, but I can give you a few general style IDs.

This is a black (single-breasted) three-piece suit (my favorite- looks good on everybody :love). It appears to be a pretty slim (and flattering!) cut, and the jacket looks like it has 2 buttons (not 3). I'm not seeing a breast pocket on any of the reference pictures I can find, but it's possible that it's just laying really flat and the lack of pocket square makes it disappear. The lapels are notched and don't seem to be unusually wide or narrow. The tie is a dark charcoal gray- you could even go with black but the slight difference in shade adds interest and I can definitely see that it's lighter in a few shots. The vest seems to be cut a little longer than normal since I'm looking at a gif of him whacking that guy in the face and I can make out the bottom edge of the vest (and I don't get any white shirt peeking out the bottom when he winds up to hit him). It looks so long (and the vest closure is so low) that it could almost be a two-piece suit with an overcoat, but the fit through the arms makes me think it's just a long vest with rounded bottom corners. The hem of the jacket falls at the top of the knee or just above, and doesn't appear to be vented as far as I can tell. His jacket sleeves are hemmed to show some cuff. I can't really get any specifics on trousers or shoes but I'm assuming they have the same slim tailored fit and if I were doing this I would pick some black dress shoes with squared off pointed toes (for a slick Euro look), not all patent but maybe with some patent accents.

Maybe that was helpful? :confused

edit: What's really going to make this outfit is the scarf (and the scepter/cane if you choose to have it). A number of online companies will custom print fabric for you so you could get that exact pattern. I think a few people here are selling them too but you'll have to do a search.

That's a very detailed analysis and I agree with you on all the points.

I think the hardest part is matching the suit. There's so many around but I'm yet to find the perfect match of buttons and I'm more on the side there's no top pocket. Hard call though but thanks for the great reply :)

I've found something close on eBay after hours of searching. Seriously thinking about buying.

eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

Ehh, the vertical pockets are a little weird and it would be a pain to try to move them, but other than that it looks ace so maybe that can be forgiven. Good find!

His shoulders are a lot squarer than that jacket looks but that could be fixed with a quick swap of shoulder pads.

i believe that the long coat is just an over coat, with the amount of waist coats that i have i have yet to see one that has only one button, it could be just a black/dark grey coat

i believe that the long coat is just an over coat, with the amount of waist coats that i have i have yet to see one that has only one button, it could be just a black/dark grey coat

I've never seen a vest with its bottom edges shaped that way either so I was wondering if this might be the case. That jacket must be SUPER slim cut then because there's not nearly as much bulk as I would expect with a jacket and an overcoat, especially through the arms. That's what was throwing me.

The buttons are fabric covered, which would leave me to believe this is a tuxedo rather than a suit. It would make sense, given that the gala he interrupted was a black tie affair.

It's almost certainly custom made, but I'm sure you should be able to find some fairly close long tuxedo jackets with notch lapels and flap pockets.

Good luck.

-Nick

The buttons are fabric covered, which would leave me to believe this is a tuxedo rather than a suit. It would make sense, given that the gala he interrupted was a black tie affair.

It's almost certainly custom made, but I'm sure you should be able to find some fairly close long tuxedo jackets with notch lapels and flap pockets.

Good luck.

-Nick
Seconding it being a tuxedo rather than a suit, and it would make sense given the event he crashes. When Loki trolls, Loki trolls in style.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back