Peter Parker Costume

spideyrules

hey guys, new here. I just wanted to post my Peter Parker costume.

-Vince Army Green Jacket
-Levi Black Skinny Jeans
-Basic reading glasses
-Black and white vintage looking shirt

photo5.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo1-1.jpg

Looks cool! The jacket and jeans look pretty much spot on. The only constructive criticism I have is that the shirt underneath the jacket should be a sort of light blue color. At least in the pics I've seen of the movie when he has that jacket on, the one you have, he has a black shirt underneath a blue shirt and a navy blue jacket; everything underneath the Vince Jacket. (Must be pretty cold in NYC) Here's an example pic of what I mean:
hr_The_Amazing_Spider-Man_22.jpg
Also the glasses would look better if they were more square. (Like the Ray Ban glasses) Other than that it looks pretty cool! :) Curious though, the shirt underneath your Vince Jacket. Is it the Einstein one? Cause I know Peter has an Einstein shirt in the movie and the little bit I saw peeking through the jacket had some similarities. And he actually uses that shirt with that jacket so it might be that you're going for THAT specific look and not the one I mentioned before. That would mean I rambled for a long paragraph because of another look. Which would be this one:
amazing-spider-man-columbia05.jpg
(If so my bad ;) )
I'm actually planning on going to the premier in Peter's street clothes though my take is the black clothing he later uses in the "Vigilante Spider Man" suit.

Thanks! The costume is definitely a work in progress. Since it is the premier tomorrow, this was my best I could pull off to wear. I was aiming for the einstein shirt look with it, but no, it is just a similar shirt color wise. I'll update this thread if I somehow get the shirt, correct glasses, and also shoes. And nice, that should look pretty sick!

One of Pete's jackets has an unzipped sleeve exposing a blue material which I thought was pretty cool

Duuuude! The coat! Me iz envying you T.T ah well, i got a similar one but UGH. You're so lucky to have the screen accurate one :3 congrats!

Just an update. I've been doing some research about the jacket. I came to the understanding that there are two versions of the jacket. One that is olive green and one that is army green. The one in the movie is army and the one I have is olive. Here are some pictures for comparison.

My jacket.

vince1.jpg

vince2.jpg

vince3.jpg

Movie jacket.

andrewgarfieldamazingsp.jpg

andrewgarfieldamazingsp.jpg

Different collar, different buttons.

I think mine is the women's version(Vince Cotton Utility Jacket | Nordstrom), but hey, its all I have found in a year and at least it fits.

To the point, I just found this interesting and wondered if anyone else knew about it.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back