Pratchett fans - AM City Watch Needs You!

Blad

Sr Member
Just finished off my version of the Ankh-Morpork City Watch badge, I also decided to add an original beaten-up and aged 'vintage' AMCW badge No. 177 as worn by Sam Vimes.

Goes well with my re-incorporation kit. :)

This is the most complex insignia I've made so far and I almost gave up after sculpting the owl. The hippos were a nightmare.

am_badges.jpg

Dude, that rocks. Were you planning on doing any other items from the Disc? A broomstick, a walking chest with teeth, or maybe a Wizzard hat ;)

Brian

<div class='quotetop'>(blufive @ Nov 1 2006, 08:58 AM) [snapback]1348621[/snapback]</div>
I havent heard of it. Was it shown outside the US?
[/b]

Tee hee. It's a series of books. Blad, you should post your vampire clean-up kit.

There have been two animated miniseries though - And the live action Hogfather airs on Xmas day over here :D

That is the coolest thing I've seen in a long time. I haven't seen any Pratchett Discworld items before but that is the business. What I'd really like to see though is either an Iconograph or a Disorganiser :thumbsup

Millenium hand and shrimp.

That looks really good.

I posted a while back to see if there were any pratchett fans on here and was met with a dumbfounded silence..

Good to see another discworld fan in the house - and one that can definitely sculpt too....

I sculpted DEATH as The Hogfather plaque a while back and also started on a lifesize Death of Rats.

There was an iconograph sculpted a few years back, which I understand sold out completely.

You can get other discworld props already, such as bonsai mountains, dibbler's pie, compass, to name but a few.

Any plans on casting this up?

Draven

A Pratchett fan here too. And relative.

Good work.

Here's an article about Mark Ayling's Iconograph model he used to sell (possibly still does): Iconograph

I love the discworld books. And I love that badge. :)

Though I was unaware that there is going to be a Live Action production of Hogfather. Damn... I hope it gets aired in the states..

Hey that's great...I love the discworld books, especially the city watch series. I too was unaware of a live action Hogfather series...

Thanks for the comments. :D

Yep, I will be doing a F/S thread in the junkyard shortly, casting this has been a bit hit and miss as there are ample little areas that seem to like bubbles.

The iconograph looks fantastic.

I also did the Re-Incorporation kit (thanks Tif.)

reincorporation-1.jpg

Blurb:
Discworld Black Ribboner recorporation kit

Discworld Vampire Black Ribboner ‘recorporation kit’. You get it all.

• Small dustpan & brush
• Tiny vial containing ‘blood’ exquisitely fixed on the finest string necklace.
• His’n’hers style helpful explanatory cards (can be printed with your name as long as it is shorter than 830 syllables)
• Your own black ribbon with what we have been told by Dave at "Dave's Pin Exchange” (Home of Acuphilia|) is a rare Clayfeather Medium Sharp pin.

Discworld vampires can survive in sunlight, provided they wear heavy clothes and broad-rimmed hats. If one is ever exposed to direct sunlight, he or she will be immediately reduced to ashes, but requires merely a drop of blood to recorporate. Many vampires carry a dustpan and brush, along with a helpful explanatory card, to aid bystanders in that task.

This set comes complete with cards from Salacia Delorisista Amanita Trigestrata Zeldana Malifee...von Humpeding – her full name being several pages long, better known as Sally – is a vampire from Überwald, aged 51 as of her first appearance in Thud.. The first and, to date, only vampire member of the Watch, she joined over the objections of Sir Samuel Vimes.

Â…..and from Otto Chriek. Vampire iconographer with the Ankh-Morpork Times. He is thin and pale with thin, blue-veined hands and skinny black-clad legs. He wears little, oval dark glasses. Otto is a Black Ribboner - a member of the vampires' League of Temperance. He is quite an innovator in the wolrd of Discworld photography and he is working on such new processes as colour printing and the obscurograph - a camera to take pictures with Dark Light. His use of salamanders for flash pictures causes him some problems and he used to deal with this by carrying the card and a small bottle of blood on a string around his neck.

(The ‘blood’ in the vial is harmless corn-oil)

Theres a new book out covering the tv movie, might have some good shots in it, great stuff by the way., good to see some discworld stuff on here
Just checked on amazon
Terry Pratchett's Hogfather: The Illustrated Screenplay, about £12.

<div class='quotetop'>(Reverend Scapegoat @ Nov 1 2006, 03:53 PM) [snapback]1348698[/snapback]</div>
There have been two animated miniseries though - And the live action Hogfather airs on Xmas day over here :D
[/b]

Live action Hogfather?

How deprived my Christmas days have been.

The badges look nice.

Lingarn

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back