The Definitive Hawkeye SHIELD Uniform/Costume Thread

hoplite318

Ok, since the Definitive Hawkeye Avengers Costume Thread is getting a lot of discussion on the "V.0" (SHIELD uniform with jacket - no bow) and "V.1" (black SHIELD uniform, no jacket with bow) costumes, I figured maybe we should have a thread soley for that since it is a build a lot of people seem to be starting with for Hawkeye.

Most of the materials are off the shelf:
Tight black t-shirt
Vest - Blackhawk ITS HPFU V2 vest
Pants - Black Crye G3 tactical pants
H&K P30
Safariland Thigh Shroud
Blackhawk CQC SERPA holster
For the V.0 uniform, the jacket is the Blackhawk Warrior Operations Jacket

So, feel free to add info, pics, ideas, etc etc etc

Thanks for setting this up :thumbsup

Ppretty much as of now all pieces for this costume have been ordered or are in my possession. As soon as its all in hand and ready to go i will post pics.

Last edited:
On another board it was determined the pants were the Crye Combat Pants AC with G3 pads. The rear pocket flaps (vs. zippered rear pockets on the G3) are probably the easiest tell to spot.

Hey moviebuff5, its starburst from that there other board.

They are definitely the AC version as apart from the rear pockets seen on Hawkeyes 'SHEILD' teams pants there are also the stretch panels visible above the pockets and above Hawkeyes knee pads.

I have a set of these incoming and will post pictures when they arrive!

Hey! Good to see you here.

Are you referring to the shape of the stretch panel? I noticed the rear panel was different, but the G3 has stretch panels above the rear pockets and above the knees as well. I have a pair of the G3 if you want any pictures. There are also several pictures here. (The password for the images at the top of the page.)
Military Morons Crye Precision page

Nice to be here :)

Yeh the rear panel is a slightly different shape, the front ones are also supposed to be different but I cant tell visually.

Well crye has done it again. I ordered the knee pads almost a month ago. I emailed them last week and today I got this response :

Hi,
Your Knee Pads have not shipped as of yet. We currently do not have any in stock. At the moment there is not a scheduled production date for this item. Being that, this is such a popular item, we will be looking to re-stock this item as fast as possible. My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,

Noverine Robinson
Customer Service Representative

First the pants, now this!!! Anyone have any idea on a alternate Knee Pad? Worse comes to worse Ill just use my Knee pads that I have used for my BSG Marine for this costume!!

Received my combat pants and vest earlier this week, will hopefully have some photos soon.

tibberon25, how well did the velcro come off your vest? Did it leave any marks?

It's just stitched on; use a seam ripper or a fine tipped knife and carefully pop the stitches. The thread holes will relax quickly (pop it in the dryer to speed that up if you'd like).

Received my combat pants and vest earlier this week, will hopefully have some photos soon.

tibberon25, how well did the velcro come off your vest? Did it leave any marks?

Hello! I've been reading through all of the Hawkeye threads, and the information has been very helpful! I have a couple of questions for those who have purchased the Blackhawk vest:

1) Do you know if there is any visible difference between the ITS and Slick (non-ITS) vests? (The website below seems to use the same image.) I'd like to have it as movie-accurate as possible, but I'm going to be wearing this primarily while working at summer events, so if I can save myself from wearing an extra few ounces of fabric it would be great.
ITS: BLACKHAWK! HPFU Vest v2 - BLACKHAWK!
Slick: BLACKHAWK! HPFU Slick (not I.T.S.) Vest - BLACKHAWK!

2) Some sites show the "black" color option for Blackhawk products as dark black, while others show it as a medium grey. Is this just bad photo selection? Are they really the same color, or are there variations based on which model you're buying?

3) The obvious question... I'm seeing a really wide range of prices, from $50 to $80 for the vest. Is there one source that tends to have the best pricing?

Thanks for your help!

Hi There

I just got mine so I here are my thoughts on your questions:

1. I dont think there is a difference, the ITS version has bands to cut off blood in case of injury but I thought they were only in the arms and legs so in the vest I do not know where they would be. Looks wise they are identical.
  2. It will just be a photo either taken in odd lighting, the colour was adjusted for some odd reason or it may have been a picture of the first version which had different lighting. The vest is very black, in person it is actually a darker colour than the Crye Combat Pants.
  3. Try BDU.com, but just have a real good look around at the usual places like Ebay and Amazon, you may find a better deal depending on where you are with shipping etc.

My vest is a little on the baggy side, but when I tried the smaller size some time ago it was way too small...this will either be because I have lost weight or just in between sizes, without being able to get these easily in the UK unfortunately I can not find out for sure without having another shipped in so for now I am going to make do and see if I can bring it in any at the sides.

Hope this helps at all!

Chris

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, Chris!

My vest is a little on the baggy side, but when I tried the smaller size some time ago it was way too small...this will either be because I have lost weight or just in between sizes, without being able to get these easily in the UK unfortunately I can not find out for sure without having another shipped in so for now I am going to make do and see if I can bring it in any at the sides.

I ordered a Small, which I hope will fit without too many modifications. I'm only 5'4" and pretty slender, but I have wide shoulders, so I can usually wear small men's garments. (Hunting down tactical pants in the right size was an adventure, though!)

If anyone else is looking, BDU.com has the HPFU vest and the Slick vest on clearance right now for $37.99. For me, shipping took it up to within $5 of what other sites are charging, but it's still a bit cheaper overall.

Also, I don't remember if anyone had found/posted the v1 armguard, but I believe it's the Neet Archery N-3V. The problem is that every place I've tried to buy one from is backordered!

Here's a picture of one: Neet Archery Products Adult Vented Armguard-Black Vinyl | eBay (but don't bother bidding; they're really out of stock and will send you an email offering a different model).

I normally wear a medium reg when it comes to American army uniforms, having tried a medium in the past I thought the large was a safe bet...it doesnt look bad but its noticeably baggy (will see if I can get any pictures). Probably have two options, live with it and possibly try to tailor it or sell it on and buy a medium, hopefully the large being so big will mean I have slimmed down enough so a medium will fit!

Im in between 5'9 and 5'10, I can imagine the small will fit you perfectly.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back