Guardians of the Galaxy

IDK, it's probably just the line they decided to show him saying, but it sounded kinda thugish. I always believed the character to have a british/cockney accent

Yes, Silver Surfer falls under the FF umbrella of rights

But then again, Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch are supposed to be in Avengers 2 and both characters technically fall under the X-Men/Fox umbrella and Quicksilver is purported to be in X-Men: Days of Future Past so it's not entirely impossible for Silver Surfer to appear in a Marvel movie.

Well, like I stated earlier in the thread, I don't have ANY foreknowledge of these characters (as the GotG that I grew up reading about, was apparently an earlier team). And [probably] because I don't have any background on them, I don't have any way to complain about crapping on comic-canon. Having said that, the new trailer has me totally excited to see this film.

Now, with regard to the "earlier team" that I'm familiar with, I HAVE seen some photos floating around the 'Net, of Michael Rooker supposedly in character for 'Yondu' (from said earlier team), & he looked incredible. Not sure where/how that falls into this story though (if at all)...

But then again, Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch are supposed to be in Avengers 2 and both characters technically fall under the X-Men/Fox umbrella and Quicksilver is purported to be in X-Men: Days of Future Past so it's not entirely impossible for Silver Surfer to appear in a Marvel movie.
It is cus silver surfer is tied to FF i believe where as Quiksilver and scarlett arent, due to them having a history in avengers. Aslong as they dont mention their connection to the x-men or magneto, their fine :)

It is 'cause Silver Surfer is tied to FF, I believe, where as Quicksilver and Scarlet aren't, due to them having a history in Avengers. As long as they don't mention their connection to the X-Men or Magneto, they're fine :)

I'm not sure that the Silver Surfer is necessarily tied solely to the FF, I do know that he has his own title and Marvel hasn't licensed that out, but regardless, I imagine that since he's not an integral part of the FF Marvel could use him just like Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch by not mentioning his ties to the FF.

Now, with regard to the "earlier team" that I'm familiar with, I HAVE seen some photos floating around the 'Net, of Michael Rooker supposedly in character for 'Yondu' (from said earlier team), & he looked incredible. Not sure where/how that falls into this story though (if at all)...

Going by these set pics, my guess is either its a flashback or something similar. Looks like this scene might be when he crashes to earth?

ku-xlarge.jpg
ku-xlarge.jpg

One of the few things I really love about the internet - way it can connect people from all over the world for something like this...

SS can languish in the movie realm as far as I'm concerned. I like that the movies are aiming for a "this kind of sort of could happen" approach, and a chrome guy who rides a literal surfboard through space doesn't even come close. They might as well throw in Spider-Ham.

I only wish Surfer could be involved because it really seems they are gearing up towards an Infinity Gauntlet movie, and the 3 key players in that story are Doctor Strange, Adam Warlock, and Silver Surfer.

I only wish Surfer could be involved because it really seems they are gearing up towards an Infinity Gauntlet movie, and the 3 key players in that story are Doctor Strange, Adam Warlock, and Silver Surfer.

Maybe we'll get Angela instead. That'd be different spin on things, wouldn't it?

SS can languish in the movie realm as far as I'm concerned. I like that the movies are aiming for a "this kind of sort of could happen" approach, and a chrome guy who rides a literal surfboard through space doesn't even come close. They might as well throw in Spider-Ham.

I guess SS would require a solid origins told and with that the realization of who Galactus is and is capable of.
I always liked the explanation that Galactus tapped into Radd's mind and used his adolescent fantasy of surfing through and exploring the universe and making it reality, enough to serve as herald anyways.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back