Guardians of the Galaxy

It was CGI. I was being sarcastic, the article I was refering to, almost wrote off the fact that the cgi characters still needed casting. As if its not acting doing voice work.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
GUARDIANs OF THE GALAXY Lands Dave Bautista as Drax the Destroyer | Collider

Martial artist and WWE wrestler Dave Bautista has signed on to play Drax the Destroyer.

dave_bautista_a_p.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure if its a good thing or not. I'd say its interesting lol.

There have been several very different incarnations of GOG and none of them really came off with a whole lot of SW influence in my personal opinion.

I find the Star Wars look to be a pretty safe bet for Marvel. Allows this untested franchise to have a look and feel that is familiar to the target audience (geeks like us and mainstream), and also provides the opportunity to expand the MCU to whole other worlds and alien races from the comics (w/o stepping on Fox's toes re: Fantastic Four rights, of course).

Whether it's the right move is subject to debate. I'm all for it as I think it'll work, and I'm sure there's plenty who are deeply against it or on the fence. I'm not a firm believer in being fully committed to the source material if the changes make the movie better, certainly Watchmen provided some lessons learned in that approach. But from a marketing standpoint, this SW look and feel approach makes plenty of sense.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back