Guardians of the Galaxy

I never really thought about Cooper being a voice actor. His voice really hasn't struck me as unique or anything. I really don't care either way who voices him as long as its not Gilbert Gottfried

I thought the raccoon was an american species...I say Woody Harrelson, for Rocket Raccoon. Simon Peg wouldn't fit a character like that, unless he has a really good american accent as well.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

I'm afraid I just blue myself.

michael-rooker-yondus-00-400x470.jpg

michael-rooker-yondus-05-580x435.jpg

Michael Rooker Will Look Like This Next To Bradley Cooper?s Talking Raccoon With A Gun - The Superficial - Because You're Ugly

The more I see, the more I get excited about this. I don't follow The Walking Dead at all, but I remember Michael Rooker in the action movie hey day, in films like Cliff Hanger, he was awesome.

Interview with Chris Pratt (Star Lord) and Aubrey Plaza on set of "Parks and Recreation"

Chris Pratt Talks Guardians of the Galaxy's Tone and Potential Marvel Crossovers - IGN

---------------------

Plaza: Do you get to have sex with an alien?

Pratt: Yes.

Plaza: What!?

Pratt: A couple.

Plaza: Cool. Have you shot those scenes yet?

Pratt: I can’t get too much into what we’ve shot.

Plaza: All right. Will you show me later?

Pratt: Yeah, I’ll show you.

---------------------

Isn't that a waste of Bradley Cooper? Gotta give them props for pulling out some big guns for this though. Still interests me not in the least. Maybe once I've seen a full trailer.

Isn't that a waste of Bradley Cooper? Gotta give them props for pulling out some big guns for this though. Still interests me not in the least. Maybe once I've seen a full trailer.
I agree. Can he even voice act? I heard him do a voice over for the movie Limitless, but that is different than voice acting.
I will hold my judgment until I see the movie. I hope he surprises me.

I agree. Can he even voice act? I heard him do a voice over for the movie Limitless, but that is different than voice acting.
I will hold my judgment until I see the movie. I hope he surprises me.

Ask VO Talent how they feel about big name actors playing character voices who aren't typically trained as Voiceover Talent. Some do a great job though. I wouldn't count Cooper out yet. He's a great actor and I'm sure he'll pull off the voice role, given there is a good director to help guide him and doesn't just spout off lines with no feeling.

I agree. I am also just use to Rocket sounding like this.

He has this voice in the cartoon The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

So Cooper is not the first voice I hear when I see Rocket.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any decent actor can do an accent. I'm more concerned that this kind of role is a waste of Cooper's talents. I guess there's nothing to stop him from playing another hero at some point. And really they had to bring in some big names in order to get the general public to have any interest in this movie at all.

I am excited Cooper is on board. Hopefully this means Rocket Raccoon will not just be some secondary CGI character to act as eye candy on screen. Hope we get some really twisted dialog. I am also interested in the choice, because the raccoon is a indigenous species to North America, a British accent like in the clip posted above, doesn't seem right to me. Cooper is the poster child in hollywood for east coast american smalltown upbringing.

I am excited Cooper is on board. Hopefully this means Rocket Raccoon will not just be some secondary CGI character to act as eye candy on screen. Hope we get some really twisted dialog. I am also interested in the choice, because the raccoon is a indigenous species to North America, a British accent like in the clip posted above, doesn't seem right to me. Cooper is the poster child in hollywood for east coast american smalltown upbringing.

The accent certainly wasn't in my head as I read the comics,
so I thought the same but then someone else pointed out... what should a talking space raccoon sound like?

I just started getting used to the idea of the accent now they might flip back. LOL

when i played MvC3 and heard rockets voice i thought it was PERFECT! haha reading it i always imagined him having a disneyesque voice with that cut throat attitude

introducing the kree and having the nova corps really gives the movie a really big scope of whats all going on.

the only worry i have about the film is that they may make star lord more of a punk kid/outlaw rather than the han solo/flash gordon that i liked but either way im more excited about this movie then any other right now

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back