Guardians of the Galaxy

This is gonna be awesome. I'm so happy they didn't try to water down rocket raccoon. I got exactly what I wanted. A trigger happy raccoon.

I love how DC is like " It would be really hard to do a Wonder Woman movie", while marvel is like " here's a Raccoon with Machine guns."

^ We all get frustrated with the pace at which WB/DC make their CBMs but I'm on their side when it comes to WW, that's a VERY tough character to get right on the silver screen. Hell, Marvel doesn't even have a female solo film in the works either. If anything, I'm wondering why they haven't announced a Flash movie yet.

Marvel is taking a big risk with GotG but the raccoon is IMO the biggest no-brainer of this bunch. It's basically Hit Girl inside a plush toy, that's an instant winner right there! I actually think Chris Pratt in a lead role for a sci-fi action movie is the biggest question mark here.

I love how DC is like " It would be really hard to do a Wonder Woman movie", while marvel is like " here's a Raccoon with Machine guns."

No kidding!

Marvel is in the zone!

I've always been more of a Marvel fan than a DC fan. I think they just have better characters, and I think that is just one of the reasons their movies are better.

No kidding!

Marvel is in the zone!

I've always been more of a Marvel fan than a DC fan. I think they just have better characters, and I think that is just one of the reasons their movies are better.

No doubt. I love their current roster of movie characters ( IM, Cap, Thor...etc) but I'm really glad to see some outlandish characters get their shot at the big screen. Also, they seem to be taking a somewhat comedic approach to this movie...which is exactly what it needs.

Next year could not come soon enough.

No doubt. I love their current roster of movie characters ( IM, Cap, Thor...etc) but I'm really glad to see some outlandish characters get their shot at the big screen. Also, they seem to be taking a somewhat comedic approach to this movie...which is exactly what it needs.

Next year could not come soon enough.

I hope they don't inject too much comedy in it. Granted, Star-Lord and Rocket should both have a sarcastic sense of humor even during life threatening situations but the others in the group shouldn't.

Gamora is a killer and is out to prove she's the most dangerous woman in the universe. Drax was created for the sole purpose of killing Thanos and won't let anything get in his way. Ronan has always been portrayed in the comics as somber. And Groot, well, the only words that I ever expect him to speak throughout the entire movie are, "I AM GROOT!"

Too bad there isn't a mention of Cosmo being part of the group. Would have been interesting to see the dynamic between a telepathic dog and a gun toting raccoon.

Rocket Raccoon made me get goose bumps on my face! I really want to see this movie!

Is that Rocket Raccoon a rod puppet? It seems to only have an opening and closing mouth in that animated gif.
tumblr_mrff3fGVZM1rvhl57o1_400_zps4cb6c63d.gif

The cast said at comic con they had only shot for 2 weeks.
Since that was a a couple of weeks ago it doesn't seem like enough time to CG a entire character.
It may just be a stand in shot for the presentation they were having. As someone who loves traditional FX blended with CG enhancements it looks awesome.

Just to throw this out there. Does anyone on the board have plans to make a Racket Raccoon rod puppet/ statue?

Last edited:
:lol Maybe it's cause of the still frame, but I like the innocent look he is giving along with the finger.

Somebody asked Gunn on Twitter when we can expect the trailer.

JamesGunn: Right now I’m mostly concerned with making a kickass movie-so not for a while sorry

theyll probably be the after credits for thor 2, the whole reason i was excited about im3 was the rumored appearance from gotg

but im curious to see if they release all their records haha but it looks like theyre watering his back story down a bit but i dont mind haha

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back