Guardians of the Galaxy

Alright, I know next to nothing about Guardians, so should I read up before next August? Or should I go in blind? I know that there are a few issues of a prelude comic that started up earlier this year, which would be a good place to jump in... Just curious if I need to at this point?

Great, just when I'm wrapping up the comic version of the Nova helmet they release this one -.- haha

I like the new star lord helmet, its looking really slick.

Ok, this has to be my most antipated now. I don't even know anything about Guardians, but this Star Lord character sounds awesome. I've got to get my hands on some Guardians graphic novels! No way I can wait for the movie.

Alright, I know next to nothing about Guardians, so should I read up before next August? Or should I go in blind? I know that there are a few issues of a prelude comic that started up earlier this year, which would be a good place to jump in... Just curious if I need to at this point?

My experience with book/comic/tv to movie adaptations is it is better to go in blind. Otherwise, you will come out of the movie saying, "WTF was that? It had nothing in common with the original except some of the character names!" Watchmen is one of the few that I can remember that have been close to the original material and they still left out the giant psychic squid bomb and the kid with the pirate story.

Her beautiful ginger hair... all gone... :cry

ay114652879san-diego-ca-j-e1374397580705.jpg

53502_1.jpg

Along with Captain America and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Guardians of the Galaxy is one of my most anticipated movies of 2014.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY’s James Gunn Says Rocket Raccoon Is “Not About Putting Bugs Bunny in the Middle of THE AVENGERS” | Collider
Here are some quotes from James Gunn.

Gunn has long maintained that Rocket is his absolute favorite character of the bunch, and in speaking with MTV he talked a bit about how he views the character and how he’s portrayed in the film:

"It’s really about taking, ‘Okay there’s a talking raccoon,’ well how does that exist? And you really take it backwards from there and say, ‘Well how would that exist?’ It’s not about creating Bugs Bunny in the middle of The Avengers, it’s about creating a character that’s a little animal that was taken and experimented on and pulled apart and put back together again and implanted with cybernetics, and he’s half-machine and half-raccoon and he’s a little gnarled, miserable, pretty angry creature because there’s nothing else like him and it’s not easy to be."

Gunn was asked about the surprising casting choice, and he discussed why Pratt was right for the role:

"Chris [Pratt] is amazing. We tested a lot, a lot of actors looking for the right Star-Lord because I knew that we were starting this new wing of Marvel and we really needed to do with this what they did with Iron Man. So I needed somebody who I could picture being onscreen with Robert Downey Jr. and giving back as good as he gets, and we watched one guy after another, plenty of great actors, but nobody was quite Peter Quill. I needed somebody to come in and inhabit the role and go beyond what was on the page, although I felt good what was on the page. Chris came in and I knew within 30 seconds he was the guy."

Gunn went on to confirm that Star-Lord is the main protagonists of the film, but since Guardians features a cast of entirely new characters, Gunn was asked whether we’ll be getting origins stories for all of the Guardians or if it will be limited to Quill:

"There’s limitations; it really is more a story about how the group came together than seeing how each of the characters—we hear a little about where some of the characters came from, we know what their issues are, but we don’t see all the little bits and pieces of where the characters came from."

MTV asked Gunn how his film fits into the Marvel universe as a whole:

"We’re definitely connected by Thanos and this is the first movie of the Marvel Cosmic Universe, so we’re connected to the rest of the universe. and how that plays out is gonna be seen as the future comes along."

Last edited:
Nova-Prime is going to be a female? Unless she's Adora, wife of the original Nova-Prime who were both killed by Nebula. Or the only other way I see it is that they make this Nova-Prime more like Worldmind in the comics.

It makes more sense to call her a "leader" of the Nova Corps and not the actual Nova-Prime. Rhomann Dey is cast in the film and he was Nova-Prime in the comics. She's either a personification of Worldmind or an older Queen Adora.

And I'm calling it here as an after credits scene: Rhomann Dey is critically injured after Nebula wipes out the Nova Corps and he finds Richard Rider to be his successor.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back