Guardians of the Galaxy

Re: Guardians of the Galaxy Marvel Comics Question?

Well rumor is now that Benicio Del Toro wil play a leading roll in Guardians. Supposedly Thanos. Don't know exactly why but I think this might be unusually good even with a talking racoon and a walking tree. Perhaps because of it but looking forward to a potentially awesome space epic. I Hope so any way as I'm begining work on a Star Lord costume!
Peter Quill is a very compelling character, maybe even more so than a certain "orphan" fromTatooine?

IMDb has Glenn Close, Karen Gillan, and John C. Reilly listed as cast members. Got to say, this is one strange cast.

Also comes to show how much casting power Marvel Studios has, in spite of recent rumors regarding some beef between the studio and the Avengers cast. I would never have imagined Glenn Close and Robert Redford in a CBM several years ago.

Unfortunately this movie has CGI animation written all over it! One CGI character amongst live action I can handle (Hulk amongst Avengers) but majority of on screen characters done in CGI is a George Lucas Episode III nightmare!

Karen Gillan as a lead female is interesting. obvious pick is Death. dye her hair black and her pale skin will fit the role nicely

I'm way behind the boat on the comic book movies...but even moreso with the Guardians of the Galaxy! Last time I read anything with them, the members were Vance Astro, Charlie 27, Nikki, Yondu, Martinex...I'm surprised I even remember their names! :unsure God, that had to be thirty years ago at least!! :eek

Unfortunately this movie has CGI animation written all over it! One CGI character amongst live action I can handle (Hulk amongst Avengers) but majority of on screen characters done in CGI is a George Lucas Episode III nightmare!

Would be rather hard tho to find a real acting raccoon and tree tho :p

devincf : James Gunn and the cast of GUARDIANS take the stage. #SDCC

EricVespe: Lee Pace is Ronan The Accuser.

EricVespe: The Collector is Benicio del Toro.

EricVespe: Cast flew in just for Comic-Con. Got in today, leaving for London tonight.

ErikDavis: Pratt's deacription of Star Lord sounded Han Solo-ish. "He's a jerk who goes around making out with space girls till he finds this family"

BPqY4nJCMAAVimH.jpg:large

EricVespe: Dave Bautista seems very humble about having the role. He fought really hard for it. "I wanted it more than I wanted anything in my life."

ErikDavis: Dave Batista says he cried when he got the role. This guy ... with these guns ... he cried http://t.co/FBMY1m4sa9

BPqZkiUCUAA3Riv.jpg:large

EricVespe: "He's a very complicated Kree. He's a beast." - Lee Pace on Ronan the Accuser

Silas Lesnick: Djimon Honsou is here, too

Silas Lesnick: He's playing Korath the Pursuer.

Silas Lesnick: Gillen still has her red hair.

Silas Lesnick: Wait, she doesn't!

Silas Lesnick: It's a wig! She's bald!

Silas Lesnick: She still looks great. She says it feels liberating.

Silas Lesnick: She gave the wig to the audience!

Silas Lesnick: She's asking us all to shave our heads.

Spencer Perry-SHH: For those asking: Karen Gillan is playing Nebula

devincf: Karen Gillen pulls off a wig, revealing she has gone Persis Khambatta for GUARDIANS. #SDCC

Silas Lesnick: Rooker has a small mohawk now. He and Gillan are playing with each other's heads.

BPqavcHCAAESHt3.jpg:large

EricVespe: The Guardians of the Galaxy footage could be my favorite thing I've seen at Comic-Con this year.

devincf: GUYS. GUYS. GUARDIANS LOOKS WEIRD AND FUN. #SDCC

EricVespe: Rocket Raccoon DOUBLE FISTING UZIS

eruditechick: I never knew how badly I needed guardians of the galaxy holy freaking ****

slashfilm: Guardians of the Galaxy looks bat**** insanely awesome from just a bit of footage from the first few weeks of shooting

EricVespe: The tone of Guardians is big and super funny. We saw a line up. John C. Reilly was like a space cop checking them in.

ErikDavis: OMG, the GUARDIANS footage. Looks like Marvel's funniest one yet.

devincf: "He's known as Star Lord." "Who calls him that?" "Mostly himself." #SDCC

russfischer: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY footage… I don't even. Studios don't make movies like this. A cheeky action comedy that isn't afraid to be weird.

BPqbKxjCcAAylrz.jpg:large

Comic-Con: Marvel Surprises with GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Panel; James Gunn and His Cast Introduce Promising First Footage | Collider

Guardians of the Galaxy concept art

(Click to enlarge)

Last edited:
I think this one might catch a lot of non comic people off guard.
They will have seen nothing quite like it.

I can see Rocket stealing the film.

"There are unbelievably imaginative worlds, insane effects and alien makeup, stuff you have never seen before," Pratt said. "Amazing spaceships and true physical sets that aren't all green screen. They're building these things out in London that are 150 by 150 yards, 100 feet tall. I feel like I'm inside a multimillion dollar aquarium every day."

With the Nova Corps, Nebula and the Kree involved in this movie, it's going to be hard not seeing Silver Surfer, Galactus, Skrulls, FF and all the other stuff that Fox has rights to. It might be too much to cram into one movie but if there are going to be sequels, I really hope Adam Warlock, the Shi'ar, Inhumans, Quasar and all the other major players in The Infinity Gauntlet and The Thanos Imperative will be involved in them.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back