Guardians of the Galaxy

BoMdV4sCIAAlN2k.jpg

Dave Bautista ✔ @DaveBautista
Follow
Ran in to 1 of my Guardians co-stars @KarenGillan2 N London @ForbiddenPlanet. Her hair grew back fast! Me not so much
6:59 PM - 21 May 2014

Last edited by a moderator:
www.facebook.com/guardiansofthegalaxy

To celebrate summer, we’ve declared June Marvel's "Guardians of the Galaxy" Month! Make sure to visit our Facebook page every day to check out content and a chance to win cool prizes! Play each day to earn an entry into the grand prize sweepstakes: A trip for 2 to the Hollywood Premiere.

I hope they don't go a make up route. Thanos has features that just cannot be placed on a human head. His mouth is WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE and his head, wait. Scratch that. His body should be in the shape of a square. If they just do Josh Brolin with make up it will be almost the same level of let down that Fox did with The Thing in their Fantastic Four movies. THING should look like THING, not a rubber rock!

Well in Avengers he was played by an actor with make up and costume done by Jose Fernandez/Ironhead studios I believe. And it has been said that Brolin is providing the voice to the character as opposed to the physical portrayal on screen.

Last edited:
Someone provided LR an impression of GotG after having attended a test screening. Can't say if it's legit or not but at the very least the impression does sound very promising. I didn't want to read the spoiler version but in case anyone wants it:
SPOILER WARNING
EXCLUSIVE: First Review Of 'Guardians of the Galaxy' ? Latino-Review.com

I am so looking forward to this movie, but I don't want any spoilers. Anyone care to summarize this review into a spoiler-free version and post it?

Here I'll post an excerpt that's spoiler-free. Also posted the less spoiler-y link on my last post that has a little bit more color than the excerpt below.
A great movie, as it turns out. Granted, the effects aren't done and a lot can change between now and August, but if they keep on the track they're going, it will be solid.
...Bottom line: it's not perfect. There are parts that drag, some action sequences that aren't as strong as one might hope, and some puzzling/unexplained motivations. The good news is that there's time to fix these things and, even if they don't solve everything, it'll still be a lot of fun. No matter what, I will absolutely be in line to go see it opening day.

Motivations of characters possibly could be lost on those not familiar with the comics. Wouldn't be the first time.
But of course, this is what test screenings are for.

~Shudder~ I miss the UK Red Dwarf's Lester. I think the original had enough North American accents in it to be excepted by a US audience. I know I loved the show growing up. It made me fell cultured watching a show from the UK.

The meh, responses to Guardians do have me concerned. I was hoping for something grand, and over the top.
The comments make it seem like it is going to be forgotten. Either way I am still going to watch it.

Marvel movies have a way of making more money when they follow a successful film. That is why Iron Man 3 got so much money even though the it got mixed reviews. It was following the Avengers. Since the Guardians of the Galaxy are following Cap 2 it should do really good at the theaters.

You make me want to visit my local taxidermist.

Just grab one off the side of the road. When it starts decomposing and stinking throw chalk it up as a "limited run". ;)

I wonder if a taxidermist could do one in the movie style pose holding a gun. THAT would be awesome.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back