Guardians of the Galaxy

James Gunn: "Yesterday during the Facebook Q&A I was asked about my biggest influence on Guardians of the Galaxy. Certainly one of the biggest ones is the science fiction artist Chris Foss, both in his unusual designs for spaceships, buildings, and robots, and his unapologetic use of color (especially yellow). I even brought up Chris's work to the Marvel guys when I first pitched myself as director. And they liked his stuff so much we actually hired him to come onto the film and help design spaceships."

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd....9_10152427941839570_3348078208966867714_n.jpg

After seeing several images of his works online, I had added Chris Foss's art book in my Amazon wishlist few years ago. But never got around to getting it, I need to rectify that soon. I am glad Gunn hired him to design the spaceships, his colorful influence really shows and bodes well.
I really want a model of the ship they keep showing in the trailers.

Yeah I hope some company will jump on the chance to make bigger accurate model of the spaceships. For now we will have these cool toys from Hasbro.

Milano Starship

14229986662_82a8e09611_o.jpg

14228982751_d33476b37e_o.jpg

Warbird

14209132106_6d55610050_o.jpg

James Gunn: "Yesterday during the Facebook Q&A I was asked about my biggest influence on Guardians of the Galaxy. Certainly one of the biggest ones is the science fiction artist Chris Foss, both in his unusual designs for spaceships, buildings, and robots, and his unapologetic use of color (especially yellow). I even brought up Chris's work to the Marvel guys when I first pitched myself as director. And they liked his stuff so much we actually hired him to come onto the film and help design spaceships."

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd....9_10152427941839570_3348078208966867714_n.jpg

After seeing several images of his works online, I had added Chris Foss's art book in my Amazon wishlist few years ago. But never got around to getting it, I need to rectify that soon. I am glad Gunn hired him to design the spaceships, his colorful influence really shows and bodes well.

Yep, the beauty with the art design of this film is how it now generates a definite "look" all of its own, without ripping off anyone else. " 21st century Foss "was the first artbook I ever bought and his style was widely copied by many others at the time. This retro feel with the designwork and soundtracks really seem to lift the movie up a level interms of an original and already seems endlessly quotable, even from just the trailers. I do like a movie with a personality and this seems to have it in buckets.
I'm glad Chris got another film gig, demand for him dried up in the eighties and I would have loved to have seen his concept work for "Dune" have become a reality. "Hardware" The definitive works of Chris Foss" is well worth buying certainly for a trip down sci fi covers memory lane . I really think this is going to be a huge summer film.

So what else is on Star Lord's AWESOME mixtape?

Fixed it for you

I hope we can get some Looking Glass!

According to the Q&A above, there are a lot of songs associated with Guardians, and they will indeed be in the movie. I've seen this pic from the comics:

tumblr_mri8h7gZzY1r6rv21o1_500.png

...so I am guessing songs are actually IN the comics. I've tried a few Google searches, but didn't come up with anything? Any of the more comic-knowledgeable have any idea what we might be hearing? I have a feeling I will be buying the soundtrack to this movie. I want my own Star Lord mixtape.

According to the Q&A above, there are a lot of songs associated with Guardians, and they will indeed be in the movie. I've seen this pic from the comics:

View attachment 328149

...so I am guessing songs are actually IN the comics. I've tried a few Google searches, but didn't come up with anything? Any of the more comic-knowledgeable have any idea what we might be hearing? I have a feeling I will be buying the soundtrack to this movie. I want my own Star Lord mixtape.[/QUOTE]

this panel is unfortunatley a photoshop. when this started circulating around i dug through my comics bin and found the panel and its actually "brakka brakkka brakka"

star lord was 9ish when he leaves earth in the movies. and so far the songs i know of are
1.hooked on a feeling
2. ooh oh child
3.magic

_1400531831.jpg

and its called awesome mix vol. 1

could be a nod to the lego movie but my money is its just called awesome because he thinks its awesome haha

Ooga Chaka still makes me think of that damn CG dancing baby of the mid 90s. If this replaces that memory, so much the better.

Still makes me think of K. Billy Super Sounds of the 70's

I usually think of another song...

Well I don't know why I came here tonight,
I got the feeling that something ain't right,
I'm so scared in case I fall off my chair,
And I'm wondering how I'll get down the stairs,
Clowns to the left of me,
Jokers to the right, here I am,
Stuck in the middle with you.

And that just makes me think of the accompanying scene...

If this does well, And I'm sure it will, I'm kinda hoping someone in Hollywood says, "Hey! Let's make a Red Dwarf movie!"

So he voicing the character, not playing him physically on screen. I really liked how they portrayed Thanos in Avengers, and I hope they stick with the same look/actor for GOTG

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back