Guardians of the Galaxy

Man, watched that five times!!! This looks like 50 pounds of awesome in a 30 pound bag!

I think this was covered earlier in the thread but I cannot find it now. What/who is the giant floating head in space?!?!?

Man, watched that five times!!! This looks like 50 pounds of awesome in a 30 pound bag!

I think this was covered earlier in the thread but I cannot find it now. What/who is the giant floating head in space?!?!?

Is this what you were talking about?
OUwwjBT.jpg

Pretty sure its "knowhere" the decapitated head of a Celestial turned into a port of call for people from across the universe.

kvsawckdyvrcoyrnvcn7.jpg

Last edited:
Thanos has had a craft which is also a skull like head appearance, but thinking yeah, probably Knowhere.

The imagery just screams Marvel Space epic!

Definitely the difference between Marvel and DC movies. This looks like good ol' fashion sci-fi comic action fun. Feel like a kid again just watching the preview. This movie is going to rock(et).

I'd buy tickets, the special edition blu ray, and several toys, all right now, if I could. I have a feeling this will impact my long standing list of favorite movies.

This looks absolutely awesome. The only thing that sucks is how it's going to be a pretty desolate stretch of summer movies between X-Men next week and this on August 1st.

Highlights of the Q&A:

• Q: Are there going to be appearances by any of the other Guardians of the Galaxy from the Abnett/Lanning run without going into specifics? Either way, this movie looks rad.
    A: James Gunn- "Maybe sorta."

Q: Is rocket going to be BADASS!?
    A: James Gunn- "He's a mean little mangled dude with an enormous gun and a very horrible spaceship. Yes, he is badass."

Q: Will we get Starlord's origin told?
    A: James Gunn- "We get a large part of Star-Lord's origin. But there is always more to give up."

Q: Will the movie be conected with any episode of Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D?
    A: James Gunn- "Maybe."

Q: How do you even begin to create the vision for the production design for something like this? Did you have free reign to hire the designers you wanted?
    A: James Gunn- "Yes, I did. Charlie Wood, our production designer, was one of my primary partners on this film. We started with long long discussions, lots of photos, and my love of the artist Chris Foss - who we actually hired to work on the movie. He's a classic science fiction artist from the 70s and 80s."

Q: Why was Hooked On A Feeling used in the previous trailer ?
    A: James Gunn- "Hooked on a Feeling is one of the songs on Quill's mixed cassette tape - the last reminder he has of his childhood on earth. The music is also a way to keep us grounded in this out of the world space epic. We have lots of cool songs - more will be revealed soon!"

Q: Many songs are connected to Star-Lord. Which song(s) did you have problems legally getting? That'd make a piece of Peter Quill that'd be missing from the narrative.
    A: Nothing! It's great to have a budget. After having budgets of thousands to budgets of hundreds of thousands it was great. It also helped that a lot of the songs I was going for were songs that people recognized, but they probably didn't know the names of them or the artists who recorded them. There's a real sweet spot of songs there.

Q: Will the Guardians of the Galaxy's film have some easter egg from the Avengers 2 or 3 films?
    A: Kevin Feige- "Yes."

Q: Is there a final cut? If so, how long is the movie?
    A: James Gunn- "The movie is very very close to final. We're around two hours long."

Q: What's Starlord's equipment like? Does he use the Elemental Gun? Can you keep it?
    A: Chris Pratt- "Yes. It’s not the exact elemental gun that you see in the comics but it’s close. His gun is awesome. Two great blasters and they are amazing and sadly they did not let me keep one but the next time i see one I’m going to steal it."

Edge of Tomorrow is a maybe, Million Ways to Die in the West is a Blu-Ray rental and I'm not really interested in Jupiter Ascending so for me at least June and July are going to be pretty desolate.

James Gunn: "Yesterday during the Facebook Q&A I was asked about my biggest influence on Guardians of the Galaxy. Certainly one of the biggest ones is the science fiction artist Chris Foss, both in his unusual designs for spaceships, buildings, and robots, and his unapologetic use of color (especially yellow). I even brought up Chris's work to the Marvel guys when I first pitched myself as director. And they liked his stuff so much we actually hired him to come onto the film and help design spaceships."

1012569_10152427941839570_3348078208966867714_n.jpg

After seeing several images of his works online, I had added Chris Foss's art book in my Amazon wishlist few years ago. But never got around to getting it, I need to rectify that soon. I am glad Gunn hired him to design the spaceships, his colorful influence really shows and bodes well.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back