Guardians of the Galaxy

Between Tromeo and Juliet and his amazingly good book The Toy Collector, I've long held that James Gunn can do no wrong. I still agree. I know NOTHING about GOTG and I reaaallly want to see this movie. Like, now. God we need a little levity in our blockbusters. Everything's been getting a bit portentious. Pretentious. Not very fun. Bring on the raccoon!

I've never heard of these characters so I will reserve judgement until I see it.

What gets to me is that people are always saying stuff about how lame it was to have a six foot rabbit in a Star Wars comic, yet this has a racoon and nobody says anything. Double standards?

I've never heard of these characters so I will reserve judgement until I see it.

What gets to me is that people are always saying stuff about how lame it was to have a six foot rabbit in a Star Wars comic, yet this has a racoon and nobody says anything. Double standards?

where was there a 6' tall rabbit in star wars?

I am curious though, are they going to cover the backstory of the characters other than what we see in the trailer? Or are we going to get the lead up of Quill's ascension into becoming star-lord?

In the opening he's like "Star-lord....the legendary outlaw," which implies at this point in the story that he's been around for awhile already

This is either going to be a lot of fun and a huge hit or a complete flop. I see no middle ground for this. But I'm with some of you guys if it has a since of humor about itself that will be a nice change.

Been waiting to see the full trailer and while I wasn't blown away, I was not disappointed either. This basically looks and feels like what I'd expect from a Marvel space adventure with an offbeat take on the CBM genre. Obviously it's really early but this looks like it could be a really fun and mildly clever film. Obviously, they didn't show a lot yet, so hard to pass judgement when you know there's another trailer coming with Rocket talking and more epic battle scenes.

All my eggs are in the Rocket Raccoon basket, really hope they do great things with his character.

I am curious though, are they going to cover the backstory of the characters other than what we see in the trailer? Or are we going to get the lead up of Quill's ascension into becoming star-lord?

In the opening he's like "Star-lord....the legendary outlaw," which implies at this point in the story that he's been around for awhile already

"Who calls him Star-Lord?"

"Himself mostly"

Can't wait for this looks like a lot of fun! :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back