Guardians of the Galaxy

This may not be the right forum to post this question in, but can anyone tell me what suit version this is? I like this suit the best, but can't figure out what kind it is. comics_guardians_of_galaxy.jpg

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY First Official Image Featuring Zoe Saldana, Chris Pratt, and Dave Bautista | Collider

First Official Image and Synopsis for Guardians of the Galaxy.

"From Marvel, the studio that brought you the global blockbuster franchises of Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and The Avengers, comes a new team – the Guardians of the Galaxy. An action-packed epic space adventure, Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy” expands the Marvel Cinematic Universe into the cosmos, where brash adventurer Peter Quill finds himself the object of an unrelenting bounty hunt after stealing a mysterious orb coveted by Ronan, a powerful villain with ambitions that threaten the universe. To evade the ever-persistent Ronan, Quill is forced into an uneasy truce with a quartet of disparate misfits – Rocket, a gun-toting raccoon, Groot, a tree-like humanoid, the deadly and enigmatic Gamora and the revenge-driven Drax the Destroyer. But when Peter discovers the true power of the orb and the menace it poses to the cosmos, he must do his best to rally his ragtag rivals for a last, desperate stand – with the galaxy’s fate in the balance. Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy” is presented by Marvel Studios. The film releases August 1, 2014, and is distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures."

James Gunn shared the image on FB and mentioned the following.

"Okay, so I suppose Disney released this still from Guardians of the Galaxy. It was featured in the San Diego Comicon trailer, and is an early (truthfully, quite unfinished - we've come a long way from here) look at Rocket and Groot, Star-Lord, Gamora, and Drax."

(Click to enlarge)

Last edited:
The raccoon looks more realistic than that last two guys next to him. I'm not sure how this one is going to do, Guardians wasn't one of the better known books especially with this cast.

I just LOVE that most people have no clue who these characters are outside of the comic shop and I am glad the studio actually had some courage to take the risk.

Even though the Guardians of the Galaxy is not a house hold name I see that as going in with no baggage. The people who see this will not have set expectations of the characters or story like they would with a Man of Steel, or Dark Knight. They will see it because they trust the Marvel studios brand, or it looks like a good time at the movies.
I am excited to see how this film turns out.

I think this movie is gonna be interesting, I just hope it works well mixing with The Avengers as that's what I am looking forward to seeing (can you imagine the jokes/jabs from RDJ/Iron Man about Rocket Racoon/Groot :lol). I think I remember hearing they aren't going to be in The Avengers: Age of Ultron, but when they are I think if anyone can make the two teams work well together on screen it's Joss Whedon (hope he's still involved when they join forces for whatever reason).

Here are couple of questions James Gunn answered on FB today.

Is the CG complete for this shot? The CG for Groot looks a little bit dodgy when you zoom into the image.
"It's not even close to complete. This is a still from the San Diego Comicon trailer that we put together after 12 days of filming. The character designs weren't even fully finished."

So James, what made you want to make movies?
"I love movies and always wanted to work in the arts and seemed to be good at making them."

Hey, James, only 7 months left til GOTG. Hey, very quickly, I have to ask, will we still see Peter Serafinowicz's Nova Corps officer character in the movie? And, also it was revealed that the real name of Nova Prime played by Glenn Close is actually Commander Rael. Is that true?
"Yes, we'll see Peter's character in the film. And Glenn Close's character's name in the film is Nova Prima Rael. I don't know where they got this 'Commander' stuff from."

What made you go to Bradley Cooper to play Rocket Raccoon? Will he still have a cockney accent?
"I needed someone who could do both comedy and drama and who didn't sound too cartoony, which we found with many of the voice actors who auditioned."

Raccoon actually looks better than I thought he would.
I just hope they don't go all Hanna Barbara with the voice acting.

Starting to grab my interest with Pratt in it. I'm not a huge fan of him but I think he has potential to be pretty cool.

Yep, I think he wants that to remain a surprise for sometime. I am guessing we won't hear Rocket Raccoon's voice until the second trailer hits.

I gotta say, I think this will be Marvels least successful flick. I'm not saying bomb. I just think that folks are going to see it in the same numbers as their other flicks. I've seen and enjoyed every Marvel film so far, but I have no interest at all in this. It's just too off the wall for me. But I give them credit for branching out.

I gotta say, I think this will be Marvels least successful flick. I'm not saying bomb. I just think that folks are going to see it in the same numbers as their other flicks. I've seen and enjoyed every Marvel film so far, but I have no interest at all in this. It's just too off the wall for me. But I give them credit for branching out.

Could not agree more.

Don't underestimate the hype machine that is Disney... GotG might be the least known property to be made into a film so far, but it will get plenty of pub leading up to release

I'm not familiar with these characters, at all. Without knowing anything, the fact that it looks like there is a talking raccoon, makes me not want to like it. Ironman makes sense. I can say "Yeah, maybe..." at the Incredible Hulk. Spiderman, okay I'll buy it for two hours. Not sure about this one.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back