Skyrim Daedric Armor Build

Super8

Hey guys, Super8 again, and now I'm making a load of Skyrim files as I saw that there are not many out there sadly. This thread is dedicated specifically to the Daedric armor in Skyrim, and me building it from the raw pep file itself. This time I'll follow through alllll the way, and that is going to take a while.:)

Here are two screenshots of the files so far. One is the 3d model and the other is it being put to work in pepakura designer. Unfolding it today no matter how long it takes.:)

This might be an all-nighter tonight though as it's 1:20 now and my Windows 8 beta is screwing my internet up occasionally. Already ran the backup and will be reinstalling Windows 7 shortly. This is a minor setback though. I still have it planned out to be done today :D

Turns out I had to go back and edit the helmet quite some as the portion where you put your head was filled since I took it straight from the game. After some inspiration from many people online including Rundown, I finally got it the way I did. Although, I'm not completely satisfied with the organization of the parts on the 2d preview compared to others, but I don't know how much that would truly affect the building. Well hope you enjoy!

Now for tomorrow should I do:

A: Gauntlets
or
B: Boots

Okaaaaay well to be quite honest this file was easiest to make due to modifications. I took the original pair of boots, made it into 1 boot for simplicity of the pepakura file and the actual shoe is going to be a separate file. Here's some snapshots of today's work so far.

Edit: This is the right shin guard.

Last edited:
Well I just realized doing two separate shoe files for the left and right foot that the shin guards are also a tab bit different for each leg sooo 1 more file to do.:facepalm

I am currently unfolding the Glass Armor and I am separating bits of it as well to make it easier. I also noticed that the Models I have come out as made of hollow walls. By which I there is an inside part and and outside part to each piece, that assemble to make a whole piece; There is about an 0.5-1" gap between the pieces. Also the models have extraneous pieces that I am having to remove in a 3-D editor first I noticed to really open them up.

I am currently unfolding the Glass Armor and I am separating bits of it as well to make it easier. I also noticed that the Models I have come out as made of hollow walls. By which I there is an inside part and and outside part to each piece, that assemble to make a whole piece; There is about an 0.5-1" gap between the pieces. Also the models have extraneous pieces that I am having to remove in a 3-D editor first I noticed to really open them up.
Yes what I typically do In that situation is delete the inner polygons or "walls" and then I extrude the outer walls a little bit more so that they are as they should be. And there are extraneous pieces on daedric armor as well. For the boots alone I had to delete a spike because it was not at all connected to the model. I hope to correct that in the future. Basically, you notice how sloppy the game files really are once you edit them, and that is very disappointing to me :unsure

There was a Daedric helmet file already made...
Yeah well now there's another. It's better to have options then to have none at all. You might also notice that the other armor pieces I'm making currently for the daedric armor are hard to find and some simply don't exist! All I can say is that I'm trying to help out the community and myself by coming up with pep models for what's there and what's not. If you must know I also despise the use of ... because I find it rude.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that if the gap is 0.5 you should extrude the outer wall 0.5 inwards so that it makes up for the other wall and hollow gap.

Yeah well now there's another. It's better to have options then to have none at all. You might also notice that the other armor pieces I'm making currently for the daedric armor are hard to find and some simply don't exist! All I can say is that I'm trying to help out the community and myself by coming up with pep models for what's there and what's not. If you must know I also despise the use of ... because I find it rude.

Well I didn't want you spending your time on something if it was because you didn't know it existed. As for the rest of the armor, no, I don't believe I've seen any files for it.

And apologies if you found my post rude, it was said in more of a thinking out loud style. If that makes sense, which I doubt, but regardless--sorry.

Well I didn't want you spending your time on something if it was because you didn't know it existed. As for the rest of the armor, no, I don't believe I've seen any files for it.

And apologies if you found my post rude, it was said in more of a thinking out loud style. If that makes sense, which I doubt, but regardless--sorry.
Ah don't sweat it. I was tired and ticked off from personal affairs. Will be getting back to work on this project.

I actually pulled the Daedric armor files from my PC version of the game and even made a 2 week hasty armor set ( friend said we were going to the renn faire with 3 weeks notice so I was in a rush). not exactly a saber, but saber guts for a project I am currently working on a better version of this armor.

Anyway back to the point. I have the files and can send them to you if needed. I do have to warn you I used the files with the programs I had so the gloves, boots and helm are all seperate files. The torso male and female are EVERYTHING else. So that file is spread over something like 80 pages. Pages 1-12 are this shoulder, 13-24 are that one. Chest, back, legs, under armor....... I'm sure you see what I'm getting at.

If you have pepakura designer or something like it I'm sure you can nitpick the parts you need though more than I have if desired. And if you or someone else here is good at some 3d program perhaps they can break the model down to individual shouldes, leg plates, skirt or whatever. Just send me an email or something. I'll try and check back on this site every so often.

*first post ever if anyone would like to guide me where to properly ask this question please do**

i just need dimensions for the daedric helmet to input into pepakura im gonna build, im a 5'7 male average body type

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back